• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upgraded to rh 8.0 now email don't work

I was doing just fine with my site and my servers and one day last week my redhat 7.3 server crashed. So I installed Red Hat 8.0 and got the site back up and running. but now my email does not work. I can not send any emails what so ever.

I have tried ordering products, (no email to customer or admin)

tried sending a email through admin (nothing)

tried creating a new account (nothing)

all settings in os commerce were default, and I have tried other settings as well.

But now I am back to default settings in the email options and so forth and still nothing works.

I checked my system logs under the sendmail logs and I am getting this error:

Apr 21 11:05:30 server1 sm-msp-queue[11396]: h3HFMq49001238: to="test test" <[email protected]>, ctladdr=apache (48/48), delay=4+00:42:38, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=8940219, relay=server1.mydomain.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by server1.mydomain.com.

I am pretty sure it is not a problem with the oscommerce settings but more of a problem with sendmail or the way I have redhat set up. I figure that if it was oscommerce,,, I wouldn't even get the error in the error log.

I am just asking here in hopes of somebody having the same problem answering my question.

Please help I have been staring at this for two days

It is up and running, but still no go, tried restarting sendmail and even reboots have no effect.

I also read somewhere that I should make sure that I had the relays set up in etc/mail/access and then run makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db <etc/mail/access.

I did this with no effect as well.

Archived