• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate & Attributes

islanddog

I'm using easypopulate to import my database but have run into an issue that I can not resolve easily.

I have imported over 8000 items into the database (very easily I might add) and now find myself needing to add attributes to several items. In trying to use the admin area to add attributes is a major undertaking. Especially when each item will have several attributes and the drop down list to choose products is so very long to choose the product.

Has anyone ventured into trying to add the attributes to the easypopulate script or has anyone figured out an easy way to add attributes to products when the product list was this huge?

Thanks

ROdney

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using easypopulate to import my database but have run into an issue that I can not resolve easily.

I have imported over 8000 items into the database (very easily I might add) and now find myself needing to add attributes to several items. In trying to use the admin area to add attributes is a major undertaking. Especially when each item will have several attributes and the drop down list to choose products is so very long to choose the product.

Has anyone ventured into trying to add the attributes to the easypopulate script or has anyone figured out an easy way to add attributes to products when the product list was this huge?

Thanks

ROdney

This has been requested several times, but it's a tough nut to crack.

The reason is that any number of attributes can be put on a product, and attributes can be different for different products. So it's a big matrix, hard to display in a spreadsheet in a generic fashion

Tim

Archived