• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

There's a basic procedure here. You can use it to copy any box that's similar to what you want. Adding the content and styling that content with Bootstrap is up to you.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@kymation

Followed instruction exactly and got errors. Then realized the post was from years before templates were in use, I think. Can you add to those instructions to include what else needs to be changed in each template directory  and anywhere else?

I'm fixing errors as I come to each and logically copying files and changing, but it would be nice if you could do that as I might miss something and lead someone astray if I were to do it.

Thanks

Mark

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

You are correct that the instructions are out of date. You can add these steps:

• Find a line in the module file that looks like this:
      include('includes/modules/boxes/templates/information.php');

Change the name of the file at the end of that line (information.php) to whatever you choose for your new box. This will be the template file.

• Find the templates directory in the same directory as your code file (includes/modules/boxes/templates in the example). In that directory, find the file that is named in the line of code above, and copy that to a new file with the name that you have selected fro your new template. This much match the line of code you changed in the step above.
  • Change any constants in the template file to match the ones you changed in the code file. Make whatever changes you need to display your content here. This is in place of the previous instructions, where everything was in one file.

I'll probably rewrite the instructions when the code settles down, which means whenever 2.4 is released, since Edge is still a moving target.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived