• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing footer

kelvin95

Hi, I am a bit new to oscommerce. And I am just a bit confused when I look at footer.php files.

<?php if (($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_footer')))    {?>
<div class="footer-boxes"><?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('boxes_footer'); ?></div>
<?php } ?>

Any Idea where the argument 'boxes_footer' is coming from so that I can edit the footer?

@@kelvin95

Kelvin,

There are multiple 'boxes' available to install into the footer. In your Admin, click on 'Modules' on the left hand side. Then click on 'Install Modules' in the upper right corner. You will find additional 'boxes' or modules you can install.

Each module has it's own language file, usually in catalog/admin/includes/languages/<your language (typically English)>/<module_name>.php

It's in the language file that you change the text.

HTH

Malcolm

Thanks. But I could not find the argument 'boxes_footer' in language files. Thats why I am asking.

Gary didn't say search for boxes_footer....you search for the text that you want to change.

Dan

The footer contains mainly modules, so you need to look in the includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer folder and then select the module that you need to change.

Use an ftp program to save a copy of your site on your computer, then edit the files there and upload them back to your server, remebering to backup the files before editing in case you made a mistake and want to revert back to the original files.

Once you get the hang of it is easy.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@kelvin95

FYI ... This code:

<?php if (($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_footer')))    {?>
<div class="footer-boxes"><?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('boxes_footer'); ?></div>
<?php } ?>

states ...

If there are any footer boxes (modules) installed and enabled, find them and add them to the footer code. Each box (module) will have it's own language file. That's why there is no 'boxes_footer' in the language files.

HTH

Malcolm

Archived