• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pay Pal App (EC) - Customer Fed Wrong Shipping Rates

Sam-AUST

Using PayPal App v4.039 with Oscommerce BS Gold.

For the first time I've had a customer complain the shipping rates are incorrect. In my logs, I see repeated "SetExpressCheckout" actions under her name. Within this, the correct rates are shown for her order as passing across to Pay Pal.

HOWEVER, each attempt of hers is followed by an entry under a Pay Pal IP address called "CallbackResponse" that lists the basics of her order and then the following response:

Response METHOD CallbackResponse CALLBACKVERSION 112 CURRENCYCODE AUD OFFERINSURANCEOPTION false L_SHIPPINGOPTIONNAME0 Flat Rate Postage L_SHIPPINGOPTIONLABEL0 Pay No More! L_SHIPPINGOPTIONAMOUNT0 9.90 L_SHIPPINGOPTIONISDEFAULT0 false L_SHIPPINGOPTIONNAME1 Express Post (Auspost) L_SHIPPINGOPTIONLABEL1 Express Post Postage (Australia Wide) L_SHIPPINGOPTIONAMOUNT1 10.45 L_SHIPPINGOPTIONISDEFAULT1 false L_SHIPPINGOPTIONNAME2 Australia Post L_SHIPPINGOPTIONLABEL2 Regular Post L_SHIPPINGOPTIONAMOUNT2 7.70 L_SHIPPINGOPTIONISDEFAULT2 true

All of these rates apply to a single item order and not her order of four items. We have a shipping promotion on, basic table rate shipping goes to 99c when you order $99 or more. She was ordering $99, she said the 99c option would flash up then go away and be replaced by the single item $7.70 rate shown above. All I know is this customer was repeatedly trying to order using her laptop, but I do not know what browser or any other details. She tried for two days straight to repeatedly order and get the 99c shipping deal before I found out and offered her a Paypal.me link to complete the transaction without further hassle to her, so I don't want to badger her for more information.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

So far, PayPal tech support have been absolutely no help whatsoever. He said your API requested a callback response. Erm, it's odd that there hasn't been any other customer using PP EC that logged the same kind of response in the PayPal App logs.

@@Gergely I noticed you and Raiwa talking about something that had "SHIPTOCOUNTRY" in the logs, still confused what it was all about but the Callbackresponse showing up in the Pay Pal logs is listing the buyer's country as SHIPTOCOUNTRY. More of my logged Pay Pal transactions are starting to have a Pay Pal IP callbackresponse following up afterwards when I never had those before, just trying to work out what is going on, do you have any idea?

I've just done a few tests with Pay Pal Express Checkout - at first I thought the only time the callbackresponse is logging, is when there's an item with a specials price / discounted price in the shopping cart. I took the discount off and tried again and still got the callbackresponse. Then I thought maybe it's the only items with letters in the model number, but not sure on that either.

Edited by Sam-AUST