• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Update Your PayPal Buttons Before March 29, 2017

moonmoon

i am using osc v2.2 with paypal stardard module.

everything work fine. But recentely , informed by paypal,  my eshop must have  to update parameter amount  

current format: 

need to change to : 

(the "," need to be removed)

which file and how should i do this amendment ?

(see atthached image for more details )

post-341822-0-40074500-1484211241_thumb.jpg

@@14steve14, i follow your step but finally cannot solve the problem

(i followed your step and successfully removed the "thouldsand symbol"  inside eshop , and paypal chekced for but and reply still have   "thouldsand symbol" sent to paypal when checkout

it should be somewhere else to fixe it problem. who can help?

below is replied from paypal for your refernce :

"Unfortunately, the changes that you have made on the Oscommerce did not reflect on the parameters that they pass to PayPal. We are still seeing "," on our checkout page. According to the documentation, I quote " "$1,234.50" is not allowed.". Hence, I would strongly suggest you to get in touch with Oscommerce to check on this because the request is send from Oscommerce to PayPal. We are not able to control the parameter send from them. Mention that the upgrade must be done and provide them the link of the upgrade button from our PayPal Page.

Please do let me know if you have any enquirie"

who can help?

Have you confirmed that you weren't sending a cached version (old format) to PayPal? You may need to wait a few days, or ask PayPal to clear any cache on their system, before trying it again. You could try clearing your own browser cache first, to make sure it's not as simple a problem as that. Otherwise, you'll have to search for wherever is still using the old format (with $ and thousands separator). If it is an HTML page that is sending form data to PayPal, it should be easy to display the page HTML and find the offending field. Then you have to figure out how (in PHP) that value is being produced. Do you have any custom code or add-ons in play?

By the way, any sublevel of osC 2.2 is absolutely ancient and should not be used. You should be thinking strongly about replacing your shop (and migrating your data) to the current version, 2.3.4BS Edge. It is PHP 5.6-ready (soon to be 7.0-ready), more secure, responsive (mobile friendly), and has many feature updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue.

1. For my situation it is definitely the "," for orders over a thousand.  I've confirmed this by submitting an order under $1,000 and I get the new payment page.  Over $1,000 I get the old payment page. 

2. As suggested I removed the "," in the localization and using Chrome Developer Tools with Perserve Log and Cache Disabled the form is still sending the "," on orders over $1,000.  

3. I prefer to have the "," in the listing as it's easier for my customers to read the cost of an item that is over $1,000 or when their shopping cart gets over $1,000.  So, I want to retain this and remove it when the PayPal form is being set up (code change to the PayPal module).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

P.S. I am in the process of building a new OSC with the latest 2.3.4BS Edge.  Just not sure I'll have it done before this PP deadline.

Resolved.  added two parameters to the following paypal.php line:

Original:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_1', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

Changed:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_1', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency), '.', '')) .

This tells the number_format function not to include the thousands comma.  Fixed my issue.  Hope it helps others.

By the way, any sublevel of osC 2.2 is absolutely ancient and should not be used. You should be thinking strongly about replacing your shop (and migrating your data) to the current version, 2.3.4BS Edge. It is PHP 5.6-ready (soon to be 7.0-ready), more secure, responsive (mobile friendly), and has many feature updates.

This https://github.com/mcmannehan/osCommerce-WDW-PV7.0-Pimp-Version-Responsiv is full PHP7 and MySQL 5.7 ready.

Demo here: https://osc.webdesign-wedel.de

The osC2.2 is totaly out of date.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

• 1 month later...

Yes, I just checked..

If PayPal contacted you about updating your integration by March 29, 2017, please refer to the following guidelines. If you don't update your integration by March 29, 2017, your business may be unable to process payments. This update applies to Website Payments Standard, PayPal Payments Standard, and HTML buttons.

It's not about Express Checkout.

Archived