• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What code to use to view my site in netscape browser?

fantomen

Hello,

I need help what to write in my index.php file to make my website look good in netscape also and not just explorer.

Or is there a code to write in the indexfile to make it look good in all browsers?

ALL ANSWERS ARE INTERESTING.

Before spending too much time on it you should look up the market share for Internet Explorer and Netscape. You may discover that Netscape's market share is so low, that it's not worth it. The same is true for older versions of both IE and Netscape.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

Before spending too much time on it you should look up the market share for Internet Explorer and Netscape.  You may discover that Netscape's market share is so low, that it's not worth it.  The same is true for older versions of both IE and Netscape.

Netscape browser is included for all linux software when you install linux.

Therefore I would like my website to look nice for all linux people also.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOM MORE ADVICES OF CODE to implement to my index.php file

As widely used as it is on the server side, you aren't likely to get many people on your site who use linux on their desktop. The exception would be if you are selling to that niche. All that aside, isn't your question a little broad? A Google for "cross browser coding" would help I guess, but most of that stuff was for the older NS versions. I don't have much trouble between browsers as long as they are 5.x or 6.x +.

David

PLEASE GIVE ME SOM MORE ADVICES OF CODE to implement to my index.php file

There is nothing special you need to do except write proper nd valid HTML :)

The reason some sites look good in IE but not netscape / mozilla / opera etc is because the HTML they are writing is not quite valid.

You can find information on HTML here

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/

You can find a validator here

http://validator.w3.org/

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Reiterate what Mark said. People like to use little gadgets and gizmos that work only in IE...not good.

Stick to valid HTML and if doesn't render correctly in a browser, then it is *not* your fault. It's a little bit of work to validate 4.01 transitional, but not too difficult.

Archived