• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ticket/help/support system

14steve14

This worked and solved my issues.

if ($ticket['ticket_customers_id'] > 0 && $ticket['ticket_login_required']=='1' && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {

Mine was set to:

if ($ticket['ticket_customers_id'] > 1 && $ticket['ticket_login_required']=='0' && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {

Yes the error was on every page of my admin and I never noticed it before I installed this. I was playing around with and testing it before you came out with the extra sql. But it is in my DB now.

Thank you very much, I hope you enjoy your time off.

Bill

@@frankl  I have it installed Frank...it looks pretty nice and seems to work well. For my liking I'd want to tie it into the order status updates but I think it has some potential.  I'd probably want it to email out updates as well instead of just adding them and leaving it for the customer to check for updates at some point.  It should sever as a good starting point however.

Let's see what Steve has to say.

Dan

I havent got the time lately to even have a good look at this or even install it on a test site due to family problems, sorry.

As @@Dan Cole says, if it does not notify the customer of a response, then its not really any good, for my lazy customers at least. It shoukld also notify nme if a customer adds a new reply otherwise I may not look for days and thats not good service.

If I find a few moments I may try adding this to a test site and see what its really like.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@Dan Cole @@14steve14 In the tests I did an email was sent to the customer whenever an update was made. If yours didn't, perhaps some problem with the mail function? Let me know. As far as notifying the store owner, it would be trivial to create a dashboard app for that.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@@frankl I'm not sure how the Action Recorder might be better than a reCaptcha. I think I'm missing your point. I already have Action Recorder and many other security features built into my system. There's not a move a person or a bot can make on my site without me knowing it. I'm not looking to track a bad guy, I want to stop them. Could you please go into a little bit more detail?

I'm not sure why the others are having troubles with their emails, they worked fine for me when I tested it. They worked from the first try.

Bill

@@Dan Cole @@14steve14 In the tests I did an email was sent to the customer whenever an update was made. If yours didn't, perhaps some problem with the mail function? Let me know. As far as notifying the store owner, it would be trivial to create a dashboard app for that.

I didn't receive any emails and just assumed it didn't send any....now that I know it should, I'll have a closer look.  I've had trouble with that kind of email getting trapped in anti spam filters in the past so that might be the problem.

Dan

Just an update...emails are sent when a ticket is created or is responded to.   It helps to use an account with a valid email address...duh! :wacko:

Dan

I'm not sure how the Action Recorder might be better than a reCaptcha. I think I'm missing your point.

I'm speaking from a personal point of view. I prefer Action Recorder as it is more customer friendly than ReCaptcha, and the Action Recorder function is already built in to osCommerce.

I already have Action Recorder and many other security features built into my system.

Action Recorder may be installed on your site, but unless a specific Action Recorder module is built for this module, it won't be active for this module.

I'm not sure why the others are having troubles with their emails, they worked fine for me when I tested it. They worked from the first try.

:thumbsup:

@14steve14 @burt @Mort-lemur @Dan Cole @toyicebear @@ecommunlimited

Complete package with changes to sql and ticket_create.php as mentioned above.

Also added a Dashboard module - shows unanswered support tickets in red

To install:

• Upload all files (will not overwrite anything)

• run ticket.sql

• install dashboard module: Modules -> Dashboard -> Install Module - > Support Tickets

• install front end box module: Modules -> Boxes -> Install Module -> Support Ticket

Thank you to Henri Schmidhuber who originally coded this addon.

osc_ticketv1.2a.zip

@@frankl About the Action Recorder, are you referring to this because a person has to be logged in to view tickets? I was referring to a reCaptcha because you don't have to be logged in to send in a ticket. This is what I'm getting at: "If you are already a customer, please login here before opening a new ticket. This realizes faster support." Because of this they don't have to log in to send in a ticket. I know this because I just updated with the new zip file you put out and I was testing everything out. You definitely don't have to be logged in to send in a ticket, and there's going to be people that try to when they don't want to log in. I was pretty sure I had everything set to where they have to be logged in. And I was hoping that you know of a fix for this because I really don't want people to send in a ticket if they're not logged in. Because of not having to be logged in is why I asked about the reCaptcha.

Also, about the zip file when I re-installed this mod, the .sql file did two things. It was giving me grief because I had all ready installed the mod once and it didn't want to import correctly, since the "8288   Support Ticket Settings" was already in the configuration_group table. As well as It double everything in the Configuration - Support Ticket Settings. I had to drop every 8288 mention from the configuration table and delete the 8288   Support Ticket Settings from the configuration_group table before it would import correctly.

I did un-install the box first and still had trouble importing. Do you know of a fix for the log in thing? All in all it's a great mod and I really like it. Thanks for putting it out.

Bill

And I was hoping that you know of a fix for this because I really don't want people to send in a ticket if they're not logged in.

Hi Bill

Change line 20 in ticket_create.php from

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && $_GET['login']=="yes") {

to

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {

Will send customers to the login page if not logged in.

Also, about the zip file when I re-installed this mod, the .sql file did two things. It was giving me grief because I had all ready installed the mod once and it didn't want to import correctly, since the "8288   Support Ticket Settings" was already in the configuration_group table. As well as It double everything in the Configuration - Support Ticket Settings. I had to drop every 8288 mention from the configuration table and delete the 8288   Support Ticket Settings from the configuration_group table before it would import correctly.

I think I will move the sql to the box module to make install/uninstall easier. Thanks for the feedback.

@@frankl Could you tell me how to change the character limit for the Reply's. The whole reply I wrote is showing up in my DB but when I send a test reply it truncates it to 88 characters. When I first save it, the whole thing shows up in the reply's section (as it should) and it saves to the DB. When I send it, only the 88 characters show on the shop side. When I go back to the reply section I can only see 88 characters of what I saved. Those characters are with spaces.

Bill

@@frankl

Hello Frank,

Yes the database always has the full reply I have written. I can see it is saves correctly to the DB. I can even see it save the reply I have written in the reply section. The trouble occurs after I send it. Once I send it, only 88 charterers (which includes letters and white spaces) shows up on the shop side for the ticket creator to read. I probably sent about 450 charterers. I then create a mock response and send back to the admin. Once I look at the response from the ticket creator, I can see only the 88 charterers that I sent them because it show up in the chain (or exchange) above. And when I go back to the reply section and open it up to where I wrote the response originally, it opens up just fine but, when it does there is only 88 of the 450 I wrote are in there.

The way I see it, the problem occurs between when I send it from the admin to when it is was received on the shop side. Since only the 88 charterers are being received on the shop side, only 88 can viewed in the chain of events above when I review their response. For whatever reason, the shop side is not getting the full message that I have written and sent, from the admin. It occurs from that moment.

Is there a charter limit set somewhere In the DB? I looked around and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Do you know what is causing this or can you tell me how to fix this?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see anything really wrong with the code. Perhaps it's a character or new line that is causing the problem.

Can you try changing the below in line 237 in catalog/ticket_view.php from

nl2br($ticket_status['ticket_comments'])

to

$ticket_status['ticket_comments']

and see what happens?

@@frankl

I found out what was causing the truncating issue. I had a double quote around a word and, at that point is where the message stopped. When I use a single quote or no quotes at all, it works fine. Changing this nl2br($ticket_status['ticket_comments']) to this $ticket_status['ticket_comments'] did not fix it. Only removing the double quote did. What's strange is that I had a % character before that and it never caused an issue, only the doubled quote did.

Just curious, can I allow for certain characters within the file or tell it to ignore / sanitize certain characters? Here's an example of what I mean.

sanitize garbage
    $buffer = str_replace('<','<',$buffer);
    $buffer = str_replace('>','>',$buffer);
//    $buffer = str_replace('','',$buffer);

Also, the Warning: Illegal string offset 'username' in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/header.php on line 50 keeps re-appearing even after I implemented your suggested fix. At one moment it seems like it solves it and the next minute it re-appears. Below the warning it says: Logged in as: 1. It usually says: Logged in as: my_admin_username. When it shows Logged in as: my_admin_username the warning does not appear but, when it shows Logged in as: 1 the warning appears. Do you know of another way to fix this?

Thanks

Bill

Thanks for the bug reports Bill, much appreciated.

• Changed nl2br($ticket_status['ticket_comments']) to tep_output_string_protected($ticket_status['ticket_comments'])

• Altered code to get rid of Warning: Illegal string offset 'username' in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/header.php on line 50

Version 1.2b uploaded http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9520

Upload all new files, uninstall Support Ticket box module - Modules -> Boxes -> Support Ticket -> Remove Module, the re-install -  Modules -> Boxes -> Install Module -> Support Ticket -> Install Module

@@frankl

The update works great., thank you very much. You're a good man Frank. I would recommend adding define('ENTRY_NAME_TEXT','Type your name here'); or something similar to the public_html/includes/languages/english/ticket_create.php. If not, the ENTRY_NAME_TEXT shows in the New Support Ticket in the Name field on the frontend. Take care sir.

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed this and think it will be really useful for my store. One think I would like to do with it though is allow customers to 'create a ticket' without logging in. Would also be useful if it would be added to the header menu.

Archived