• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feature inquiries

avmbq

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an e-commerce solution that would allow me to display my catalog and allow customers to make purchases, etc. directly from my hosted site. I'm looking for the following features.  Could anyone be so kind as to let me know whether this is something that is doable with oscommerce?

Thanks all!

- Login: customers are able to log in directly via a portal on my website, requiring no additional authentication on Opencart's end. I would also require that the user data remain secure i.e. that no sensitive information be transferred outside of my website's domain.

- Browse: customers can view product selection by category both by browsing and by searching.

- Place one-time and recurring orders: customers can order items both on an as-needed basis, as well as on a recurring schedule (generate an order for X units every Y weeks).

- View recurring orders: have visibility on a per-item level as to what items are on a recurring schedule.

- Backend: Mass upload and edit of product titles, descriptions, prices, and images.

- Integration: Ability to pass orders generated through Opencart into my order processing system, possibly through JSON.

Oscommerce can do all but the last one, though that can be done if the code is written for it. But it does that all on its own. If you are wanting to do it remotely somehow, then you would have to code that. I suppose you could put the oscommerce shop in an iframe on your site. It would probably be better to just redirect the customer to the shop, or maybe have it has a sub-directory.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived