• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Page URLs

Jeffrmarks

I'm currently running a bookstore from OSCommerce. It's typical in that the entire transaction takes place in the package. They add the book to the cart, pay for and select shipping inside of the website. 

Now we're adding eBooks. Ideally what i like to do is to have the eBook on my site, but when they click on the image to go to the product page, the product page URL is set to the Amazon affiliates page. They would order and pay for the book from Amazon and then Amazon would handle the download/distribution. Is it really as easy as changing the product page URL?

Thanks

Jeff 

I'm a little confused here. If you have an existing osC store to sell books, are you looking to add Amazon to sell eBooks? Note that osC itself can support selling downloads (such as eBooks). I don't know how to mix selling some things yourself and passing off others to Amazon -- with some coding it could likely be done. You might even be able to make a "product description" (HTML) with just a "click here to go to Amazon to purchase this item" link in it. How that would behave if someone wants to buy multiple eBooks, or return to your site for other purchases, I don't know.

If you want to sell downloads via osC, you should strongly consider the Super Download Shop add-on (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4868). I think it may need updating to work with osC 2.3.x.

Archived