• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

quick product edit required

Mikepo

hi

I've looked through the addons, and can't find a suitable addon.

What I need to do is edit a product quickly from the categories.php page.  At the moment you can search for a product by 'model', but then you have to click edit.  Is there any way of adjusting the code, or adding code, to search for a product and edit directly, using the categories.php process.

It might seem a unneccessary mod, but entering and updating many products can be time consuming.  My categories.php is modified to link to my epos system, and changes/additions are automatically added to the epos system using categories.php

Using 2.3.4 BS Gold

Thanks

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

If the problem to be solved is that you have LOTS of products to edit all the time, would something like Easy Populate help you? You could bulk edit in a CSV file and then import it via EP.

EP might need some tweaks to work with 2.3.4BS, but I think they should not be major changes.

Thanks for reply. I have EP installed, which works as intended, but not for me. Setting up a spreadsheet to enter new products is just as time consuming, but it can useful for many export requirements, eBay, Amazon for example.

As My categories.php is modified to enter new and modified products in my epos database, I need to search for a product by 'model' to show the edit page using the category.php code in one process. Doing this would would save time for me.

I not too sure how this can be done using the categories.php process.

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@Fiber,

thanks for the suggested addon, I installed this and yes looks like the solution for me.  I just need to add the code to update my epos database, and with a bit of luck editing products will be quicker from now on.

thanks again

Mike

Archived