• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bootstrap Categories - Not Showing Subcategories

Sam-AUST

I have two (formerly) identical BS oscommerce sites. 

On site A, you click on a main category and all of the subcategories show as links at the top and below it shows new products for April.

On site B, you click on a main category and it shows no products at all in the category and does not show the category links OR new products for April.

Site A is a clone of site B.. and yet one of them under Modules > Boxes calls it "Categories", the other calls it "Product Categories" and they behave differently.

Can anyone point me to the direction of the setting or file that decides how categories and subcategories will act out in the catalog, because I need both sites to show the subcategories and yet I can't find any difference in any of the files I look at.

yes, that is the default oscommerce behaviour, though I have changed that on my site.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@Sam-AUST As mentioned, that is normal. There is an addon that will change the code to display both. I don't recall the name but I think it was something like categories with products.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

@@Sam-AUST As mentioned, that is normal. There is an addon that will change the code to display both. I don't recall the name but I think it was something like categories with products.

Hi Jack, I've just sent you an email, please let me know if it hasn't been received.

Archived