• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Home Page deformation in old version script

rees2016

I get a malware bytes warning for a malicious website blocked - www.shopmania.com when I click your link... so you won't get much help from me.

My very quick diagnosis would be either 1) you've been hacked or 2) (more likely) your host has upgraded PHP version - versions of OsC from 2008 are not compatible with newer versions of PHP (just like some Windows programs from 2008 are not compatible with Windows 10)

Either way it looks like you are going to have to upgrade to a new version of OsC.

Assuming you fix the malicious content.... You may, as a temporary measure, "plead" with your host to give you a grace period and downgrade the PHP version while you upgrade OsC.

@@rees2016 the file digitaltranscriptionstore.com/css/styles.css is not being loaded and redirects to index page, that could be the error.

Anyway, if you take a look at the index source with firefox you'll see a lot of parts marked in red (tables and cells that doesn't close, content and labels misplaced... I think you should check all the content to get proper HTML code.

Hi Scott,

thanks for your quick response.

I checked the hosting server, they latest PHP version which works is 5.2 and if I go to higher versions 5.3 or 5.4 it does not come up, also I can not go to lower version. They can not provide that.

Any idea how to update the script to newer version?

@@rees2016 it's a stylesheet. I have no idea of what it contains, you'll have to search for it o your server.

Anyway, you should take a look at the code or ask a professional to do it for you if you don't know how. the output of index looks jumbled... probably a table not closed properly I suspect.

You're messed up in the second line of the page:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" html_params="dir="LTR" lang="en"">

What is html_params, and why is it wrapped around dir and lang? Try to get to this:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="LTR" lang="en">

and see if it improves matters.

There should be a define in the code for HTML_PARAMS set to dir="LTR" lang="en". Where did that html_params=" " come from? Did you edit the code? Did some "helpful" idiot at your host edit it without telling you? Did a hacker do this? The <html> tag should include printout of HTML_PARAMS. Check your timestamps on your site's files to see when your code was changed.

Have you asked your host whether they have any recent backups of your files. Most good hosts do daily backups. A restore will take them a few minutes. Failing that you could upload your recent backup files to replace those on the server.

If you do not have backups, then get some when its all working again.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived