• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change the New Products for Month on Home page to a Featured Set?

Sorry if i'm trying to make something that someone has already done.

But does anyone have a link to the plugin or code where we can replace the "new products for " products on the home page and have it show a featured set of products instead.

I'm sure i saw the code before, but can't find it on my favourites list on browser.

thanks

I take it you have searched through the addons area and canyt find a featured product addon. There are some, but whether they will need changing for BS version I dont know. If all else fails try this and go to day 7. http://www.28daysofcode.com/

thanks

would that have the same functionality as done this way or different?

this one is core code changes isnt it?

If you don't mind hacking the new products code itself, it shouldn't be too hard to quickly come up with a replacement for the New Products for <month>. Besides changing the heading and text, you would replace the database selection by most recent date with a fixed set of products. Extending this, you could randomly select from among several sets of featured products (or other criteria). You could even make one of them the standard "New Products for". If you want to update the selection(s) via the admin, that's a lot more work than just hard coding products into one file, but it could be done. Maybe this will get someone's creative juices flowing...

• 5 months later...

Archived