• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Export Settings for OsCommerce Upgrade

SuperPower09

Hey All,

Currently, we're using the old platform of 2.2-MS2 and I'm upgrading to the latest 2.3.4 (non-bootstrap, unfortunately).

Thankfully for this forum, I know how to properly update the database to match the most current version of osCommerce. However, I'm not 100% about the export options for the database.

So, I just want to make sure the database export settings are correct in phpMyAdmin. I've attached an image of what options I presume I would select to perform the export.

Could anyone confirm if this is the recommended way to export the old database?

Also, just for future back ups/exports, what would be the appropriate options? Would it be the same? Would it be completely different?

post-337204-0-00473700-1457972157_thumb.jpg

What you're doing is making a backup of your database. You mean you've never done this? For shame! The database upgrade will work against your live database. The backup is just-in-case. The idea is to be able to recreate the database with the same structure and data as before, if needed. For that, your selected options look OK to me.

@@SuperPower09 Assuming you have a 2.3.4 shop setup, you should import the database into it and test that shop.  This assumes you've made the changes to the database as mentioned in the upgrade docs.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived