• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

updating old version oscomerce

andyc321

hi

i have a old version of oscommerce that needs to be updated.

So the current version is osCommerce 2.2-MS2 obviously a very out dated version.

remit is as follows:

update to latest version

migrate all current registered users and data

update template to a new stye

Thats my remit. I'd say I can figure out most of it and get there eventually but if a devloper or anyone looking for work wants to help out then please pm or mail me as I'm thinking thatw ill bethe simplest route to expedite this project update.

thanks

You can't update your version to the latest. It is physically possible but would be a tremendously large job and I'm not sure I would trust the result. It is best to start with the BS version. Your database can be converted to work with it so you won't lose any data. The appearance may be easy or difficult, depending upon what you need. You can post a request for help in the customers section reached through the above email.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

can mark this as solved.. actually far simpler to do than I initially thought. use the sql update script and just replace the files with the latest version...remembering to use your own includes/config and admin/includes/config

total time about 15mins.

Just out of curiosity, did you move up to 2.3.4BS (responsive version)? If you only went up to the standard 2.3.4, you're already several years out of date. You should think about moving to 2.3.4BS fairly soon (experiment on a test installation, rather than risking your live shop).

Archived