• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my store

adanob

Hi:

I appreciate any feedback that I can get for my website www dot fossilbeach dot com . Sales are slow to moderate.

Will be adding a phone number in 2016 but what else would help? One major problem that we are having is the lack of a working USPS code for shipping - (this was feedback from a few customers..)

• 3 weeks later...

I just took a brief look around your site, and have a few comments. First, even on my 1024x768 PC display, I have left/right scrolling. I think you really ought to consider using osC 2.3.4BS (or some other responsive library) to fit to the display. More and more people are browsing on their smartphones and tablets, and having to scroll left and right just doesn't cut it anymore. The second problem may be more difficult to solve. Although the site looks nice (not crowded, reasonably well laid out), it kind of lacks... cohesiveness. You've got so many categories of wildly different things that it's hard to get deeply into the mindset of one or another. For example, knicknacks for a man-cave and fossil collectibles (cool as they are) kind of clash with each other. You might even want to think about separate subsites (perhaps on subdomains) for your major categories. Of course, make it easy to get back and forth from one to another, to encourage more shopping. However, if they're separate stores, they'll have separate checkouts, so that's a downside.

Archived