• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4 Bootstrap - moving the navbar under the breadcrumbs

cinolas

Hello,

I really like the responsive navbar provided in the 2.3.4 bootstrap version, but I would like to move it under the breadcrumb. As it is, it defaults to a position outside the bodywrapper and it's not part of the header sort order.

I'm in the process of learning css, but my understanding of it all is still limited.

Any tips on doing that the clean way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The navbar module can be found (if I recall) in the directory catalog/includes/modules/content/navigation.... And is loaded before the breadcrumb module which is found (I think) in catalog/includes/modules/content/header....

Technically you could move the navbar module (including the templates file and language file) to the header directory and the change the sort order... But I don't believe this is advisable.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! That worked as advertised.

There's one CSS detail I can't seem to fix though, the navbar itself appears where it should but the div is still glued to the top of the page and is just bigger to be where it needs to be, so it's covering up the store logo etc, and I can't seem to figure out why (just learning CSS...)

Using Chrome's Inspect Element I dug through all the rules in effect, none seem to tell the divs in play to glue to the top, or be a certain height... the divs that are that size have the following classes:

navbar navbar-inverse navbar-no-corners navbar-no-margin

container-fluid

collapse navbar-collapse

Any idea which properties I need to overrule in user.css to clear that up?

Thanks!

Archived