• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Announcing new Product Ads on Facebook

Gyakutsuki

Seems to be working (I think) recording reach and clicks - but not purchases.

Also the screenshot below is slightly concerning

post-253268-0-37573400-1473103434_thumb.jpg

I have all the elements installed as per the posts above.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@frankl its at the bottom of the "Product Catalogues" page of business manager

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@frankl Thank you for your work on this - I now have it set and running great - sending lots of new visitors - I just need to do some work on checkout success as I use a non-standard checkout success page.

But overall great work - Thankyou

@@frankl Thank you for your time and efforts on this.  I just completed it, so we'll see how it works out.  It's great that the google feed can be use.  I just set up my feed for Google with 12 products as a test. I've been using Adwords since 2003 and it's just become so expensive for the ROI. 

@@Mort-lemur

How's FB ads working for you so far?

I'm not really a dog.

@@John W It was working well - but not enough to justify the facebook min £5.00 a day budget for the product ads - so I have paused it until the xmas period.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post back in case it helps.  I was able to drive my click cost down to something reasonable (18 cents average per click) and I don't have a minimum that i have to spend.  With that said I haven't spent much in the last 30 days at about $31 and I got about $270 in sales from it.  Left to the stock FB settings it wouldn't have been worth it but for low traffic at low cost it's not bad.  I like to think these are sales I wouldn't have made without it.  For me I can get some customers that will buy more over time in some cases regularly.

I'm not really a dog.

• 2 weeks later...

@@crimble crumble

It's not the easiest thing to navigate and I can't always remember where I set something.  The key for me was limiting my cpc bid.  To answer your question if i understand it correctly.  Basically, FB has so many people on it that you have crossover of members that have been on your site.  FB says they have about 2 billion subscribers, so it's a numbers game.  People that come to you from Google are also on FB.  With the pixel code FB knows whos been on your site. 

I'm not really a dog.

@@crimble crumble

The way I have this set up:

1. Potential customer is logged in to Facebook.

2. They then visit my site and either view a product page or add an item to cart on my site.

3. They get pestered with ads for that product until a] they buy it or b] 10 days passes

4. I only ever show ads in their feed or the right column (not on Instagram or audience network) and I use automatic bids

5. I'm not sure if my low costs are due to the way I have things set up or because of a lack of competition (do Facebook bids work the same as Google Adwords? I don't know, but in my niche competition is very fierce so I imagine everyone in my niche is doing Facebook ads - I could be wrong), but for the past 7 days I have spent $13.57 and converted 8 customers for revenue of $1250. That's an excellent ROI for very little effort.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Archived