• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

different locations for the images

porrier

Hello!

Would't it be nice when one could put the images in different subdirectories instead putting all that stuff in one folder? Is there a module available for this?

I had a solution for this in the old version 2.2 but I think that does not work anymore with version 2.3.4 and PHP 5.6.1. The changes were made in the categories.php of admin near line 348:

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_destination']);
and near line 351:

$products_image_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_destination'] . $products_image->filename;
and near line 607:

Image Destination Directory
One could chosse a directory where the pictures were to be stored.

I am not a programmer to be able to adapt that old solution to Version 2.3.4 of osCommerce.

Regards

Andreas

Try http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7088

I have this working on the BS Gold edition and as far as I remember I made no alterations to get it to work.

Thank you for the link to the mod. I tried to build it in, but the docu mentiones a part that does not exist in my categories.php.

$products_image = new upload('products_image');
        $products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
        if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
          $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
        } else {
          $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
        }
        break;
Would you send your admin categories.php to me so I can compare it?

It would really be nice to have such a function with different subdirectories for images.

Regards

Andreas

@@burt

I store my images per brand, but I was thinking, this kinda solution looks generic enough to me and might be a good addition to the core - or not ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@burtI store my images per brand, but I was thinking, this kinda solution looks generic enough to me and might be a good addition to the core - or not ?

Per brand is a good idea if I only would get the thing running. I insert a new directory into the input field but it is not greated. The webserver has write permissions to the images directory.

I'll create it manually and see if it stores the image then.

Andreas

Did not get it. Did you sent it?

Andreas

Sent it. Check your messages in your account.

@@bruyndoncx

I save my images by category. I think it makes it easier to find and replace images as the manufacturers update theirs. I also name the images something sensible so they are easy to find, whether it helps with SEO I have no idea.

But its down to personal preference.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@14steve14

exactly, that is why this kind of solution is generic enough to work for most people.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Sent it. Check your messages in your account.

@@bruyndoncx

I save my images by category. I think it makes it easier to find and replace images as the manufacturers update theirs. I also name the images something sensible so they are easy to find, whether it helps with SEO I have no idea.

Found it in the private message of my account here, thank you! I'll look at it and try to get that thing working. At the moment there is a difference in my categories.php compared to what the doc says.

Andreas

Archived