• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security add-ons for 2.3.4

don01234

Hi,

I am about start fresh with version 2.3.4 and trying find out if there are any extra security addons that I should put on it.

On my current shop, I had couple of different security addons like FWR security pro, BBB, and etc...

Any advice will be welcome. 

Don

Im currently running Filesafe and OSC SEC on my 2.3.4 stores without issue.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I just upgraded to fresh copy of MTS 1.5.0 responsive version which is osc 2.3.4 & MTS combined.  

I wanted to find out if there is any security add-ons that I should addon.  You like how I had to do with 2.3.1 where I started the store with...

• 9 months later...

Hello to all,

does it means there are no addons for osc 2.3.4? (I have standard osc 2.3.4, not the responsive).

On my 2.2 shop I had installed PHPIDS, but it doesn't work on osc 2.3.4 because phpids_installer.php returns an error like other user (I think because global vars).

Thanks

I recommend Site Monitor and Osc Sec.

Thank you very much.

I just installed PHPIDS successfully (I made some manual entries into SQL reading the original php install program). But... during some searches about PHPIDS 0.7 (becuase phpids.org website is offline), I found that somebody have bypassed it. And.... so, now, I'm worried about the security.

Do you think OSC_SEC http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8283 is better than PHPIDS http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8217/v,23 ?

Take note that OSC_SEC officially should not support osc 2.3 (Am I right?)

Site monitor doesn't prevent intrusion, simply notify after mods (Am I right?).

Really many thanks again

Ciao!

I'm not familiar with PHPIDS so I can't say anything about it. I don't understand what you mean by "OSC_SEC officially should not support osc 2.3" but osc sec will work with 2.3. There is a problem, as I recall, with it and the BS version, maybe 2.3.4 too, and it is no longer supported, from what I understand, but then neither is PHPIDS.

SiteMonitor does not prevent anything, it just lets you know something happened. If a hacker gets in, you need to know what files were changed and/or added. That is its purpose.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not familiar with PHPIDS so I can't say anything about it. I don't understand what you mean by "OSC_SEC officially should not support osc 2.3" but osc sec will work with 2.3.

Hi Jack,

thanks again for your reply. I meant that If I search OSC_SEC for osc 2.3, there will be no results (I find it only for osc 2.2); if you go here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8283

you'll read "osC_Sec - osCommerce Security Addon for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2". So I understood it doesn't support osc 2.3.4

Thanks to notice me that it goes with osc 2.3.4

Ciao!

The addons section has many problems and you can't determine what version an addon will work with just because of how it is posted. The name that shows up in addons is set when the addon is first uploaded and can't be changed. So the name you see was added in 2011 and 2.3 hadn't been widely used at that time.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived