• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4 upgrade gone bad

Toilet-Duck

Hi all,

I recently upgraded as per the docs from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. The process went pretty smooth. I uploaded the new files, and performed 2 updates on the database. Although I now have a few issues.

1) there is no "content" link under modules.

Is this pulled from the database, or pointing to a file? (I understand I need to install the login module, the link is not available to me)

2) after logging in as a user, I get the error:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_whos_online_update_session_id() in /home/(dirname removed)/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 191

Any pointers on where I need to start looking first?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I recently upgraded as per the docs from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. The process went pretty smooth. I uploaded the new files, and performed 2 updates on the database. Although I now have a few issues.

1) there is no "content" link under modules.

Is this pulled from the database, or pointing to a file? (I understand I need to install the login module, the link is not available to me)

2) after logging in as a user, I get the error:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_whos_online_update_session_id() in /home/(dirname removed)/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 191

Any pointers on where I need to start looking first?

Thank you!

The function that's reported missing is defined in catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php

Presumably that file's missing, corrupted or an earlier version that doesn't include the missing function

That's where I'd start.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

And secondly, the content modules admin entry should be pulled in automatically by the presence of the file modules_content.php in the directory

catalog/admin/includes/boxes/

It looks like you may not have been 100% in putting all the files in the right places.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Archived