• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Open Graph in Google +

altoid

I've noticed over the past couple weeks or so my product postings from our website to my Google plus page are not showing the product image and description whereas before they were.  This is just for posts for items from our shop. Other posts from sources other than our shop that I share are showing the name, image and description properly.  

The shops facebooks page still shows the image, description. All's good there.

I have twitter card set up and that's working fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on with Google Plus?  This is a shop with opengraph enabled, it's a 2.3.4 bootstrap shop.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

https://developers.google.com/+/web/snippet/

Sounds like this has changed recently....

Page has only Schema:  schema is used

Page has only OG:  og is used

Page has both:  the one nearest the top of the code is used (in this case OG).

Page has neither:  best guess is used

I can't see any problem with the markup in your shop.  

I notice a potential error (in the core code), but that should not affect things with regards to this problem.  

Maybe you can post at the Google Help Center and see if they can shed any light ?

Will do.  Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Update as of this morning, product posts from our website to our google plus page are now working correctly again.  

But you can still see the recent posts there that do not have the image and description.  I've made no coding changes to the site over the past couple days, so it seems the cause maybe on google plus.

I have an inquiry into stack exchange on the topic, if I get anything definitive to share I'll pass that along.

Update as of this morning, product posts from our website to our google plus page are now working correctly again.  

But you can still see the recent posts there that do not have the image and description.  I've made no coding changes to the site over the past couple days, so it seems the cause maybe on google plus.

I have an inquiry into stack exchange on the topic, if I get anything definitive to share I'll pass that along.

@@altoid you have made no changes to anything so the problem must have been a glitch at g+

Keep us posted?

The business Google+ page is rendering our products correctly today. So it looks like something happened on the G+ side there for a while to cause that issue. If I hear anything back from the G+ people I'll pass that along.

Archived