• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive without Bootstrap or iOSC

Mort-lemur

I have had a problem, 19 months ago I updated my site to the latest OSC version, then updated to 2.3.4, installing a list of modifications as long as your arm along the way - my site runs like clockwork with all the features I need.

Then along came google and started demoting non responsive sites on its mobile search results - what to do?

at the time my options were:

1) Abandon my site and start on a new 2.3.4 Bootstrap Site - but most of my mods would require major work to function on the BS framework.

2) Install the iOSC mod

I downloaded and started playing with 2.3.4BS Edge, but for me it was going to be too steep a learning curve, and I needed the mods which were unavailable for BS.

My original site included MTS which has just been released with a new responsive template, which was a godsend for me, as it means that I can make my existing site responsive, which I have done with only about 3 hours work updating to the latest version of MTS - and the best part is, all my existing functionality and appearance (in desktop view anyway) remains unchanged.

Even Google likes the result:

post-253268-0-29034900-1437157816_thumb.png

So now there is an alternative to starting again using BS or installing the iOSC modification

If anyone wants to take a look at the site just drop me a pm for the link.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 6 months later...

Archived