• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer orders aren't being recorded

Tbyrd

I am getting payment from customers for orders that I have no record of. I'm having to call them and ask them what they ordered! embarrassing.  I don't know if the directory where the orders are supposed to be generated is protected or ... I just don't have a clue. Authorize.net sends me notification of the payment and who the payment was from, so I am able to call and get the details. I can view previous orders that have been made but no new ones. 5/6/2015 is the last order that is shown in my system.

T. Byrd

The orders would be recorded in the database, and accessible by the admin pages. They would not be files in a directory.

I don't know if this applies to Authorize.net, but with PayPal a common problem has been customers not returning to the shop (osC) after making payment (offsite at PayPal). Either the PayPal account is misconfigured so that it doesn't list the right place to return to, or customers "back" out of PayPal or even just go off elsewhere, thinking their transaction is completed. Recent versions of osC (2.3.4, maybe some of the later 2.3.3.x) did some things to reduce this problem -- what version are you running?

I'm using 2.3.4      We have done some test orders and didn't back out but still have no record of our test order. I will check the configuration of the PayPal and Authorize.net but we had made no changes whatsoever to our site and it quit working.?

This is also a common problem with paypal stand-alone modules, especially if the customer used a mobile device. Installing the paypal app addon will usually fix it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived