• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Very Positive Experiences With New Bootstrap Site

douglaswalker

Hi there

I have been running on the new Bootstrap Oscommerce version since early May and wanted to report back on how it has all been going.

Background: I have been online for about 9 years all that time running a modified MS2 site. I (like many people) do most things myself but when it gets too hard I pay for a developer.

My site is my primary income ( I also have a physical shop).

I made the jump to Bootstrap Gold and worked on it from its release on a test server until i was happy. It was a learning curve but by asking a few questions, looking at threads, comparing things, working out how to change the database and the very well timed 28 day sale of mods from Gary I was up and running in early May for very little cost.

I have found a great increase in traffic and my stats are back to pre-penguin and panda days.

I had noticed before the swap to Bootstrap a steady decline in traffic / sales/ newsletter signups etc (not terrible but none the less I did wonder where the bottom would be.)

Although I had always noticed people on the site using mobile. I think i was losing their purchases unless they then went home and swapped onto Ipad or PC. I always notice a spike in traffic at lunch times as the mobiles come out. I didn't see that before.

Anyway I am extremely happy I made the shift and I can only praise all those involved in grabbing the bull by the horns and creating this for oscommerce. My sincere thanks.

if you would like to see my site please pm me.  :thumbsup:

@@douglaswalker

Thanks for the feedback Doug.

It's great to see positive feedback like this for the bootstrap version, and to know that everyone's hard work is acknowledged and appreciated. It also reinforces the fact that osCommerce is heading in the right direction.

best regards

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@douglaswalker That's awesome and I can't wait to put up my store!!! Thanks for the encouraging words for the rest of us little shop owners...  and the kind words to all of those who contributed to the success of the recent responsive OSCommerce.  They certainly deserve it.

Cheers!

Dave

Most of the changes happened in the user.css. It is very possible to get a very unique looking site just using that file and adding a few of the mods that are already kicking around. Gary Burton also has some great inexpensive mods. I also use Matt Toste Better Checkout.

• 2 months later...

Archived