• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can not select shipping when using PayPal

rudolfl

Hi,

There is an operational issue with PayPal checkout. Try to place any item in shopping cart. You will get two options: Checkout or PayPal Checkout

If customers clicks on PayPal checkout, there is no way to select a shipping method. So, all PayPal buyers that do not create an account will automatically get default shipping method.

Is there a known fix?

Thanks,

Rudolf

• 1 month later...

Hi,

It is Paypal Express, isnt it? How could you define a non-registered customer shipping addres for shipping module if you dont know the shipping address?

Paypal Standard call on checkout_confirmation page where customers are predefined so the shipping address would not be a problem.

Another solution could be if customer is not registered then hide the checkout express button.

Paypal App express module use the store default address if customers are not registered, so you could install a store country based shipping module by default.

Paypal Express Checkout payment need the same tax zone as default store tax zone is.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

The good thing about PayPal Express is the fact it allows "checkout as a guest" and i can se that most of my customers use it.

Yes, I know there is a plugin for a guest checkout and I also found it to be very broken.

I was thinking that there may be a way of invoking the shipping page before sending customers to PayPal website.

I want to offer two different shipping methods for same country -- regular and express shipping. In effect, it is an "upsale", as i am earning few extra dollars on express shipping.

Rudolf

But it should be work if you have store zone based shipping modules. Are using papypal app?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Archived