• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Very Slow order processing after server migration

Hi all,

I have just migrated/cloned my server with active oscommerce store to another on same host - everything should have stayed the same except server ip address.

Everything works fine after the migration except order processing!

When anyone tries to order anything it takes minutes for the order to be processed.

When you click on 'confirm order' it seems like nothing happens (but if you look closely there is a spinning wheel in taskbar). The order appears in the backend after a minute or so, and it is a further few minutes before the confirmation is displayed on the front.

The server does not seem to be under pressure, site loads very fast, everything seems to work ok Except this.

It happens with stripe, and cash on delivery so i dont think it is an issue with any specific payment module.

Can anyone give me any pointers where I could look to isolate what would be causing the delay?

Server is basically running oscommerce on ubuntu, nothing else. very light load, maybe 1 or 2 simultaneous orders but no more than that. Oscommerce v2.3.1.

Server has 1 gb ram, 30 gb ssd, and showing little cpu load.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi,

checkout_process.php use intensive database work. First try to turn on query logs in admin site. The log saved into file so you can exam the results. If queries have no extreme runing time than mail process could be problem.

In modern browsers you can exam the server request times in debug mode (firebug) so you can get informations too.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi,

checkout_process.php use intensive database work. First try to turn on query logs in admin site. The log saved into file so you can exam the results. If queries have no extreme runing time than mail process could be problem.

In modern browsers you can exam the server request times in debug mode (firebug) so you can get informations too.

Hi Gergely,

Many Thanks for your reply - it proved very helpful.

I took a look at the logs and isolated the issue to mail flow - server name was slightly incorrect and once I fixed this everything works perfectly.

Regards and Thanks

ArtyM

Archived