• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce not sending any mails anymore ;(

Arcadia01

Hello everyone, I got a really frustrating problem with OsCommerce and really hope someone can help me out here.

Since a few days my OsCommerce webshop has not sent mails to me or the costumers when they order a product, but not only that it's impossible to send any mail true OsCommerse.

I never had this problem in the past, I also did not change anything in the email settings I know someone that uses the same host as me that has the same problem.

Does someone know what the problem is because it's very important.

Thanks!

Also ask your host whether they've shut down your site outbound mail because you exceeded some "cap" on sending rate: mails per minute, per hour, and/or per day. It's rare that they will permanently shut you down, rather than just trashing emails over the cap, but it's possible. You should know about any such limits anyway. Usually it becomes a problem when you try to do mass mailings (newsletters, etc.). In such cases, you may need to go to a mailer such as PHPlist which can throttle mass mailings to stay within limits.

Hi,

do you have a custom php.ini-file in your catalog- and/or admin-folder?

We had trouble with sending mails from the catalog-folder, but not from the admin-folder, until I rememered that I had created a custom php.ini-file (it had only one line), which made sending mails impossible. After I removed the file, everything went back to normal.

AD

• 2 months later...

@@Arcadia01 It could be the email account you are using is not working for some reason. Try changing the email address in the my store setting to some address on a different server, like gmail, and see if emails work then.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived