• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store failure upon migration from server to server

The_Dsigner

Hello,

This is my first post on the OsCommerce forums.  Today I did a 1:1 Cpanel transfer from one dedicated server belonging to our old hosting provider to our new dedicated server.  The websites in this account are one wordpress site that has an OsCommerce store attached to it.  The transfers went smoothly everything was copied over including the databases.  I checked the wordpress site and it functioned correctly, but when i went to visit the store...depending on which browser I opened it up in I would either get a blank white page with a PHP error or the full homepage with multiple PHP errors listed at the top and I couldn't navigate any further into the store.

My OsCommerce is V2.2 and my Server is running PHP5.4...Is this the problem?

PHP Error:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bfeorg/public_html/buy/includes/application_top.php on line 326

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bfeorg/public_html/buy/includes/application_top.php on line 326

Screenshots:

post-336010-0-80510800-1431458879_thumb.jpg

Do NOT attempt to upgrade osC from 2.2 to 2.3. You will end up with a mess. Instead, install osC 2.3.4, migrate your database (level-by-level), and copy over your product images and other files. Do any customization and add-ons on 2.3.4. Consider using the 2.3.4 BS (BootStrap) responsive package on top of 2.3.4, or wait until 2.3.5 or 2.4 comes out, which should have it built in.

Your 2.2 store is way, way, obsolete and dangerously vulnerable to hackers (as well as not working with current PHP levels). If you have an active store with active customers, you can attempt to bring your data over to the new 2.3.4 or 2.3.4BS store. If your store has been inactive for a while, you might consider simply starting afresh.

• 5 months later...

MrPhil, Hopefully you can help me .. 

RE your post at #3 above - I have just upgraded  my shop to a clean install of V2.3.4 after being unable to find a fix to an admin re-direct loop following the upgrades from V2.3.1 to V2.3.3.4.

This is my problem -  I have V2.3.4 of my shop working perfectly in the latest WAMP on my computer, so have recreated the database on the live (hosted) server via MySQL admin, used Filezilla to upload all the files and changed the config files accordingly. Admin now works perfectly, however the shop now displays only the front index page and related item images - If I click on any image or associated link the subsequent product_info page is blank every time, but shows the correct path in the address bar to the item. Viewing page source or inspecting the element in Chrome shows only blank pages as well (<html><head></head><body></body></html>)

I have tried to avoid posting here however after two (+) weeks of trawling through the forums and trying various suggestions (eg fresh versions of product_info & application_top & ext files before returning to clean install when they didn't work) - I need any suggestions you can offer .. 

You said to migrate the database "level by level" - I have used the working SQL database file generated in WAMP/MySQL to create the complete database (not level by level) on the live server and am at a loss as to why the combination files/database now do not function correctly. In other words I believe (like so many others on the forums) I have recreated the local version correctly and can find no difference anywhere - obviously not the case though..

Hope I have made my problem clear and given you enough information so that you can offer suggestions before I reach the last hair on my head...

cheers, Nev

MrPhil - Happy to advise I have found the solution in another post (by Jack York)... This was my reply to him which may assist others on this thread..

Used this (inserting  ini_set('display_errors','1'); in includes/application_top ) to find V2.3.4 fresh install problem where product_info was returning blank pages..

Turned out to be non-existent file (includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_buzz.php) which I was able to overcome by by turning off Product Social Bookmarks in Admin/Modules/Boxes. Not sure which other file calls for this but that's a problem for another day - and I can live without social bookmark links. Also not sure if sb_google_buzz.php is meant to be included, but it's not in the current V2.3.4 full version download.

cheers, Nev

Archived