• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cieto Featured Products V2 problem

I have installed the Cieto Featured Products V2 mod seemingly without problems. But, when I go to view my new addition, the featured products are there but there is no visible table surrounding the products. I would like it to look like the "New Products for XXX" box that it is replacing.

Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Since this is a local install, I can't give you an URL, but a screenshot can be seen at http://www.marionks.com/images/featured.jpg Any assistance is very much appreciated.

Mike

Hiya - I had this problem!!

All that I did to get it looking right was to DIFF the infobox files that are in the V2 package with the V1.5 package...

Now it work great!!

Warren

Just for information's sake, I finally got the mod to work the way I wanted after a LOT of work. But, I now can't add new products to the store. Something seems to be wrong with the admin/catagories.php. I have since bagged the mod in search of one that works.

Mike

emiliano is here...

why you said that there is a problem.. when there isn't.. the featured products was made to replace the new products infobox.. so there is NOT a problem!!!

if you wanna show your new products infobox instead of replacing the three instances of FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS in the default.php you should insert FILENAME_FEATURED...

if you need more help i'll be here

cheers

patagonia, argentina

Emiliano,

I appreciate the reply.

I think you misunderstood. I realize your mod is supposed to replace the "New Products" infobox. I just wanted your your featured products infobox to have a header and table border that made it "look" like the "New Products" infobox that it replaced. I was able to accomplish this with some work. I don't mind as I learned a lot along the way. I also wanted to only show featured products from the chosen catagory when viewing a catagory. I was also able to accomplish this and learned more as a result. The problem that is left is this....I am not able to add new products to my store when I am using your admin/catagories.php. If I replace it with the original admin/catagories.php, I can add products without a problem. I am trying to install this mod to the newest snapshot with no other mods installed. I would really like to get this working, so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

if you wanna a featured infobox the best way to achieve is to get the featured products infobox in the infobox category!!! the problem is that contribution doesn't allow you to insert a short description..

if you change files in the catalog, the admin/categories.php shouldn't be affected.. the categories.php file should not be change.. i really don't understand what's going on your site! :(

are you using 2.2 ms1?

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

I installed it & works fine. It's also very easy to change the layout. I like it very much, but I have a problem... working on that for 10 hours without any result.

Problem is that when displaying featured products on certain category page it should show only featured products from that category.

But it doesn't. It shows random featured products no matter of catgory ID.

I'm not a programmer so the solution might be very simple and stupid :oops:

Please, help...

(Here is my books category: http://www.astrologija.org/trgovina/defaul...lt.php?cPath=21 - Featured product is in box Predstavljamo and it should be a book, of course)[/i]

Mitja

hello.. this is a bug that i never fixed.. sorry.. but there is a great "how to" do it right here... (it's seems that you didn't search the forums :x )

fixes to do

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...atured+products

another things to check out

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...atured+products

also check

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...3006&highlight=

sorry but at this right moment i can't release a new version of the contribution because i have many exams at the university (for the next 5 years i'll be really busy).. so you're on your own now.. (but don't forget that you have this amazing community to help you!!!)

cheers

emiliano

ps: search the forums!

patagonia, argentina

back up your catalog/includes/modules/featured.php

then use this one

<?php 

/* 

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions 

http://www.oscommerce.com 

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce 

Released under the GNU General Public License 

Featured Products Listing 

*/ 

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_FEATURED); 

if(FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY == true) 

{ 

?> 

<!-- body //--> 

<?php 

$featured_products_category_id = $new_products_category_id; 

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) { // We are not in category depth; we are on the main page 

$featured_products_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_shortdescription, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' left join featured f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS; 

} else { // We are in category depth 

$featured_products_query_raw = "select distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, pd.products_shortdescription, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS; 

} 

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query($featured_products_query_raw); 

while ($featured_products = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_products_query)) { 

//    $featured_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($featured_products['products_id']); 

//    $featured_products['products_description'] = tep_get_products_description($featured_products['products_id']); 

$featured_products_array[] = array('id' => $featured_products['products_id'], 

'name' => $featured_products['products_name'], 

'description' => $featured_products['products_description'], 

'shortdescription' => $featured_products['products_shortdescription'], 

'image' => $featured_products['products_image'], 

'price' => $featured_products['products_price'], 

'specials_price' => $featured_products['specials_new_products_price'], 

'tax_class_id' => $featured_products['products_tax_class_id'], 

'manufacturer' => $featured_products['manufacturers_name']); 

} 

require(DIR_WS_MODULES  . FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS); 

} else // If it's disabled, then include the original New Products box 

{ 

include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); 

} 

?>

this should work...

this contrib works with osc pre2.2ms1 and post 2.2ms1... i don't know if the code is as the ms1 way.. but it works great..

cheers

emiliano

ps: this post should be in the contributions forums :D

patagonia, argentina

Emilio thanx

fixed it. :P Used above includes/module/featured.php

but I have to change something in code

(otherwise I got error 1146 - Table 'catalog-base.TABLE_FEATURED' doesn't exist)

So, I replace this:

" . TABLE_FEATURED . "

with this:

featured

Mitja

reading directions and adding the define('TABLE_FEATURED', 'featured'); to the appropriate place would have helped on there :wink:

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

dreamscape.. sometimes i get that error too.. i believe me that i have define table_featured... i don't know why that happen..

i never use loaded5.. so i don't know.. it should work, why not?

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Emiliano,

Thanks for the update. I would love to get this mod working, but I still can't edit existing products or add new ones after installing this. It seems as if I can't write to the new additions to the database. Would it be possible to post a *.sql file to run in phpMyAdmin instead of using the copy/paste method? Maybe I am messing something up during the copy and paste. Any thoughts?

Mike

Emiliano, Thank you for V 2.1 beta. It works awesome. Exactly what I was looking for, Exactly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The "buy now" link doesn't seem to add the product to the cart when I click on it. Not sure if it is something that I have done or not?

Thanks,

Brandon

With regards to the "buy now" problem I am having, do I need to have the "buy now" contribution installed?

Thanks,

Brandon

Archived