• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download Controller Symlink Assistance

sublok

On a Godaddy VPS. having an issue with the downloads controller. 

File is properly set in the product. I ssh'd into the server and its showing the u:g as apache:apache, its not creating a Symlink for the file, so file_exists returns false, 

due to server restrictions, chown and chmod have been disabled and I require safe_mode for security reasons. and I cant do direct fallback for readfile because the output of the file being downloaded outputs a custom formatted PDF, which vars are being passed in the redirect.

I can get it to echo out error messages, 

if (DOWNLOAD_BY_REDIRECT == 'true') {
// This will work only on Unix/Linux hosts
    tep_unlink_temp_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC);
    $tempdir = tep_random_name();
    umask(0000);
//works making hidden dir
    mkdir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir, 0777);
//not working
    symlink(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'], DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . $downloads['orders_products_filename']);

if (file_exists(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . $downloads['orders_products_filename'])) {
      tep_redirect(tep_href_link(DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . $downloads['orders_products_filename'], 'id='.$customer_id .'&token='. $token. '&oToken='. $tokenOrder. '&pid=' .$downloads['pid']));

//  }else{
echo "no file found";
	}
  }

ideas?

Edited by sublok

As a follow up 

echo '<pre>';
var_dump(exec('whoami'));
echo "Current Script Owner: ".get_current_user()."\n";

outputs
string(6) "apache"
Current Script Owner: {username} different that "apache"

It appears that Symlink needs to have the same permissions to create a link, Im not sure how to make that happen, So i know its now a permissions issue, does anyone know how to assist?
Edited by sublok