• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping Not Showing UP OSC234 BS

dculley

Free shipping not showing up in checkout shipping.

I’m working on changing my current osc234 site over to osc234 BS.  I have been working through adding the add ons and changes need for my site. One thing I noticed is that Free shipping does not show up under selecting shipping method.  USPS is working and Customer Pick-up.

Under modules/order total/shipping I have selected Free shipping for orders for over $100.00.  

I also have added the Free Shipping per Product.  And selected it under modules/order total/shipping, allow free shipping by product.

Neither one is showing up on the checkout.  Really need both.

Looking for help, please.  On how to get Free shipping to show up.

Free shipping not showing up in checkout shipping.

I’m working on changing my current osc234 site over to osc234 BS.  I have been working through adding the add ons and changes need for my site. One thing I noticed is that Free shipping does not show up under selecting shipping method.  USPS is working and Customer Pick-up.

Under modules/order total/shipping I have selected Free shipping for orders for over $100.00.  

I also have added the Free Shipping per Product.  And selected it under modules/order total/shipping, allow free shipping by product.

Neither one is showing up on the checkout.  Really need both.

Looking for help, please.  On how to get Free shipping to show up.

Do you ship only domestic?

If free shipping is not showing what is showing?

Did it work before with the old shop?

Did you change any code inside the checkout_shipping.php? If yes, what exactly.

@@Tsimi Thanks for trying to help.

1st question:  No I ship world wide but only offer free shipping to USA.

2nd question:  USPS shows and pickup.

3rd question:  My soon to be old site, Free shipping shows up on the checkout shipping page.  But not on the new sight.  I have used winmerge to compare the old site checkout_shipping.php to the new site checkout_shipping.php and both are a match.

4th question:  I have added products ship free.  But it is also install in the old site.  As mintioned above the 2 files match. 

I be leave it is bootstrap with better checkout.  But I'm not a programer and could be totally wrong.   The old site is running under osc 234.  The new site is running osc234 and bootstrap with better checkout.  I will be happy to send you the checkout_shipping.php if you would like to look at it.  And any other file.

Thanks again for reaching out.

@@dculley

Dean, while I assume you have the "allow free shipping set to true" in the shipping module?  ie modules/order total/shipping I thought I'd ask.  That seems to be the trigger for checkout_shipping.php and it shows up in my version of bootstrap when I set it to true.

Dan

@@dculley

What are your settings inside the order total module -> shipping ?

Mine are as follows;

Order Shipping Cost

Display Shipping
true

Sort Order

Allow Free Shipping
true

Free Shipping For Orders Over
¥10,000

Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made
both

i set it to both (international and domestic) since I offer Worldwide free shipping in your case you have to select the zone for your domestic area.

My shop too shows the Free Shipping with no issues at all.

I don't know if the Better Checkout addon has something to do with your problems and since that is a commercial addon we cannot really support it.

Did you try to run it without the Better Checkout addon once?

@@Dan Cole@@Tsimi  Hi guys,  thank you for trying to help. 

Dan - Yes all is set up.  I had the current site open and used it to make sure I had the same sittings.  Every thing matches.  Just no "Free shipping shows up" on the new (to be) site.

Tsimi =  Mine is close to yours,  I don't use "both"  I use national.  When I down loaded Bootstrap I also down loaded Better Checkout for BS and installed both at the same time.  Wanted a new clean site.  My other site is heavyly modified.  This site I will modify but not as much.  I just noticed that free shipping was not showing up.  Checked all the settings and matched programs to programs. 

Seems to be something else other than checkout_shipping.php.

@@dculley

As Lambros suggested I would drop in the original checkout_shipping.php just to see if the issue lies with the Better Checkout addon.

Dan

@@dculley

All I can think of is that your Better Checkout addon or something else that you did interferes with it.  I just tested it on our Shop owners demo version which you can access though this thread....

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407244-shop-owners-bootstrap-demo/?p=1724756

And it works just fine...other then setting free shipping to true the only other thing I did was to indicate that it applied to both national and international orders.

Dan

Thanks for reaching out and helping.  It means a lot to me.

Ok back at work, so this weekend I went back to the beginning.  By reinstalling BS.  I had two more issues I needed to put a nail in. 

Doing one step at a time.  So far Free Shipping is working.  It blocks out all other methods.  Installed Better Checkout and still working.

Suggestion,  is there a way that free shipping could stay on top with a note – You are just $$$ away from having your order ship FREE.

@@dculley

This is an older 2.2 contribution but is should get you pointed in the right direction.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4331

Have a go at it and if you get stuck...post back here letting us know what you did and what trouble you're having and I'm sure some will help you out.

Dan

@@dculley

That's great. Good to hear/read. :thumbsup:

Too bad we could not clearly determine what the reason was for it not to work in the previous installation so that we could avoid to make the same mistake again.

But anyway as long it works now...just take a backup of all your files and database of the current state just in case something goes wrong while installing a new addon.

Good luck.

@@Dan Cole  Hi Dan,

I went to the add on you suggested, Amount till free shipping.  In reading over the install it requires another add on, Free Shipping w/ Minimum amount. 

Not to sure about all that.  Also in Amount till free shipping, it wants to modify catalog/stylesheet.css.  Under bootstrape 2.3.4 there is no such file.  Just don't feel the code is ready for 2.3.4 and bootstrap.

I would like something like this and probably so would a lot of others.  Customers would like it also.  Maybe someone can rework the coding and just have the one clean add on.  If that happens please let me know.

@@dculley

lol, I looked at that addon too and the moment I read the part that you need to install another addon I closed it and threw it in my trash bin. Addons that tell you to install another addon first which is same ancient or even older are not worth the effort. Just my 2 cents...

@@dculley

Sorry Dean...I thought you were looking to add a bit of code to display the message you wanted and figured that add-on would point you in the right direction in terms of seeing what you would need to do to make that happen. I don't think you'll find anything for bootstrap that you can just drop on, at least not yet anyway.  Why don't you have a look at it and see what you can come up with.  As you point out others might like it too.

Dan

Archived