• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cart and display options?

WEBMISSIE

Well i never did get oscommerce to work on my local machine, but before i upload it to a real server on the internet and try to get it working I need to know if it will even do what I need it to. I currently have an ecommerce site where each product has three different prices based on indiv.qty, 12+qty and 36+qty. There is no mixing and matching just straight price by quantity. Will oscommerce handle this computation? In addition on the site i currently run ushop. It allows me to display a small version of the shopping cart on each page where customers can see a running total of what they have bought not just how many products are in the cart. Will oscommerce allow me to display a small version of the cart on each page. thanks for any assistance or infor on these points.

Is there a way to get all the products a customer has in their cart to display on each page. e.g. A small version of the cart where Customer can see what they have put in their cart as they browse the site. I dont want the customer to have to go to a separate page to see what is in the cart. I currently have a site where the shopping cart is displayed in a separate frame so the customer can remove or refer to what is in their cart at any time from any page. thanks

I toss this in the header.php just about the table for the breadcrumbs and navigation bar:

<?php /* BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Show Cart Details */ ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td class="main" align="right" height="30" valign="middle">

<FONT COLOR="bbc3d3" FACE="Arial" SIZE="1"><?php echo '[ ' . $cart->count_contents() . ($cart->count_contents() == "1" ? " Item" : " Items "); ?>    <?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?>    <?php echo $cart->show_weight() . ($cart->show_weight() == "1" ? " lb" : " lbs ");?> ]  </FONT></td>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php /* EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Show Cart Details */ ?>

Archived