• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

500 Internal Error

lyphe86

I am very unfamiliar (can't even use the word "new") to php coding in general, however i am trying my best

Im running windows 2008 R2, IIS,(No Apache), Php, MySql & FastCgi

I am getting these errors after i loaded a template from TemplateMonster

Their tech support doesnt know what is causing the 500 Error ...

[03-Mar-2015 01:30:14 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 01:30:23 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 01:30:23 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 01:30:23 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 01:30:56 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 01:30:56 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 01:30:56 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289

[03-Mar-2015 08:20:39 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:42 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:42 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:42 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:50 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:50 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:50 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:51 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:52 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:52 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:53 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:54 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:54 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:57 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Deprecated:  mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:57 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289
[03-Mar-2015 08:20:57 America/Tegucigalpa] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.com\includes\application_top.php on line 289

i tried adding 
[PATH=C:/inetpub/wwwroot/test.com/]
max_execution_time = 300

[PATH=C:/inetpub\wwwroot\test.com/]

upload_max_filesize = 12M

to the end of my php.ini file but i dont think, well obviously it didnt, do much. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

I suggest that you first install one of the php packages, like Wamp or XAmpp. Most of the errors you are getting appear to be because your server is setup to use MySQL but your template is using mysqli. But the fatal error appears to be that the language files can't be found, though that could be caused by the mysqli problems.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you're trying to run an old version of osC on PHP 5.6. There have been lots of reports of failures. You should be running osC 2.3.4. If TM doesn't have a template for that, tell them to get off their lazy butts and make one -- osC 2.3.4 has been out long enough. Actually, all templates are a bad idea, as they tend to be forks of the product, and are unmaintainable except by the seller. Try to avoid using them.

The deprecated MySQL is a puzzler, but apparently a number of people with even late-model shops are seeing it when they run certain PHP 5.6 releases. It's also possible that your template still uses old mysql_* calls, which have been mostly removed from the current product.

includes/languages/.php is a tip-off that you're using osC 2.3.3 or earlier. Upgrade. Now. There's a bug in older osC versions that shows up in recent PHP releases, where $language does not get defined in application_top.php.

Jack, its sounds like they're not trying to run their own server (reference to "tech support"). They won't be able to install such things.

Windows is usually a bad idea for websites... if you get a chance, switch to a Linux/Apache server. osC (and other PHP applications) runs much better on that configuration. Use a Windows server only if you must use Microsoft products such as .Net, ASP, Access, etc. for other reasons.

I do agree with that Windows isnt friendly at all with the Mysql and PHP combo but due to my product i need the Windows Based OS to run a separate program with my website. However I did get lucky with this work around, really really REALLY lucky so any information about securing Windows Hosting with the OsCommerce website would be greatly appreciated.

I just requested an updated version of the template or is there a way for me to update it myself? I really dont want my site to get hacked again. 

Archived