• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210

Vegas Mike

Our OsCommerce store has had this error generated with every order for the past 4 days or so:

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id  on

We have not changed our zip code in the settings. I have tested it myself with an address I know is good, and the sale fails. From what I can gather it has something to do with UPS and PayPal communicating with each other, but I don't know why something changed. Every other time we've had a similar problem many others have had the same (usually is was the fault of the USPS). This one has me baffled.

USPS has added more restrictions to shipping methods. Try turning off your selected USPS methods, one at a time, and then run a test order. If it starts working again, that's the problem method.

If you are using Standard Post, that's probably the one.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That's really old. I'm not surprised it isn't working. The current version is 3.5.2, available here.

The USPS changes their API often (four times last year, again in January this year) and with little or no notice. I suggest you subscribe to the support thread for that module. Somebody usually spots the changes and we patch it again.

Regards

Jim

It's not, just that your USPS module is obsolete and needs to be updated to work correctly. Still not sure what's wrong with the UPSXML module -- that's next.

Are you having the UPS problem with domestic and international or just one? There are problems with some countries that I know of.

Regards

Jim

I feel like I told you I have a flat tire and you are telling me to change my oil. I'm afraid this is leading to me reinstalling and updating everything. I cannot now get the USPS module to work.

You mentioned both UPS and USPS in your original comment. Sorry if I started with the wrong one, but your old USPS module cannot be working correctly. I maintain that one, and I know how far off that old module is.

Did you save your settings for the module before you uninstalled it? Check those settings again.

Regards

Jim

That error message is supposed to mean that you have requested service to an invalid address, or to an address that UPS does not service. However, it can also mean something is set up wrong and UPS does not understand the request.

To find out what's going wrong, find these lines in the module file:

// to enable logging, create an empty "upsxml.log" file at the location you set below, give it write permissions (777) and uncomment the next line
//        $this->logfile = '/srv/www/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.log';

Uncomment the second line and change the path to suit your store. Then create an empty log file at that location and make the permissions writeable. Then run a test order. The log file should now contain the request and response. If that doesn't tell you what's wrong, post it here and we'll try to figure it out.

Regards

Jim

Archived