• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Reports - why not use Reportico ?

bruyndoncx

I have been using reportico.org an opensource php reporting engine for quite some time now.

http://www.reportico.org

Reports are saved into xml files so can be easily shared, and there are ways to integrate reportico more closely into other web apps (like is done for yoomla).

The latest release has gotten a cosmetic update and uses bootstrap.

Shouldn't oscommerce move into this kind of direction for reports, it seems silly to create additional admin pages for each possible report (cc: @@burt )

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Shouldn't oscommerce move into this kind of direction for reports

Yes, it should.  Back in the day osC tried to do too many things (on top of being a mechanism to allow people to buy from you) and did none of them particularly well.  I'm thinking of

- Newsletters

- Reports

- Banner Manager

I'm sure we can think of more.  My opinion is that we should go back to basics - have osCommerce as a "buying" mechanism and for the extra bits and pieces use things such as Reportico, Mailchimp and so on - tools that have been built to do the exact job.

Exactly...  http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/399803-newsletter-has-large-blank-area/?p=1715619

If I were designing an ecommerce system from scratch, I would go even further than that (pulling out peripheral functions into separate applications). I would offer first a library of catalog and cart management routines, easy to plug into other applications on your site. For those wanting just a store, a framework or wrapper around that library would be offered.

so how do you do reporting rightnow ?

are there similar/better opensource alternatives ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived