• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrading oscommerce vs2.3.2 to latest version

EGuevarra

Hi all,

I've recently been asked to look into how we can upgrade the current oscommerce software we have on our website to the latest version - a bit of background, I'm not at all that tech savvy, which is why when I had a look at the documentation that supported upgrading the software I was a bit bewildered. This isn't my area of expertise, however we need to get this sorted out as soon as possible because there are many customers who are having problems with the ordering process.

Can anyone on here help or advise the best thing to do? 

Kind regards,

Eddie

It depends on what you mean by the latest version. The official version, 2.3.4, or the version being developed that may be made the official version, 2.3.4 BS. For either, you will need to make code changes. For the former, there are update instructions. For the latter, you will have to compare files to upgrade, though that is probably the best way to do the former too.  Or, you can just start over with the new package and convert your database. If the shop doesn't have too many changes, this is the easy way.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

if you simply want a working version for now, and will get to bells and whistles (responsive design) later, upgrade to 2.3.3, then to 2.3.3.1, to 2.3.3.2, to 2.3.3.3, to 2.3.3.4, and finally to 2.3.4. It's one step at a time, and more or less automated (little or no manual work). Do be sure to have a good backup of the site (files and database) before you begin, in case something goes wrong.

Archived