• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

menu bar in header help

Can someone please tell me how to get a menu bar at the very top of my page with all of the same options as the attached image?

I am using oscommerce version 2.3.4

post-260363-0-82583700-1425019796_thumb.png

What are you talking about? I am not doulbe posting. I asked 2 different question about 2 different things. This question is regarding having a main menu bar at the very top of the page with the following in it

Home \ Featured \  whats new? \ Specials\ Reviews\ contacts \ shipping & returns \ shopping cart \ create an account or login

like in the image I attached. My other question was asking about having product category tabs.

2 Different Questions. 2 Different Things.

Can someone please help me with this?

Hi k-c, Have you tried either of these addons? http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8977 or I think this one can be modified to use in header area as one coming from top as well http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8851 I am working on a boostrap site at moment so I have not yet implemented these on a regular version, but they may be a few mods at least to look into.

this is not really difficult to make. With a bit of research or looking at some other osC files you can get what you need.

The first 7 text on the left are just simple links to pages in the shop separated by and | or you could use an | looking image.

Next you have a cart icon which you need to get from somewhere or you could install "font awesome" and use any kind of icon all over your shop.

Then comes a text (Now in your cart)...and after that the 0 items part which you can take out the code from the cart contents tab in the header.

And at the end comes the create account and login which should change to My account and logout when customer is logged in i guess.

This is a simple task which could be a good learning process for you IF you would try it to make it by yourself.

Give it a try and if you should get stuck somewhere just post here again.

Oh dear! I just reread my response earlier and realized that I was posting on the wrong thread. Sorry my bad that response was about adding a category menu in the header not page links and such and now am not able to edit that one. Anyways, what I think you are looking to do needs to be done in the includes/header.php file. You need to add your links something like this perhaps. These are ones I copied from my bootstrap version, but should help you as mentioned by Tsimi above your links need to be added into your header.php file:

<?php echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . HEADER_WHATS_NEW . '</a></li>'; ?>
          <?php echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . HEADER_SPECIALS . '</a></li>'; ?>
          <?php echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS) . '">' . HEADER_REVIEWS . '</a></li>'; ?>

Archived