• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 2.2 (Have some questions)

X PsychoTron X

Hello, first off I must say that osCommerece looks like an excellent open source script, one of the best I?ve seen so far after doing many searches. I have a lot of questions though before I proceed in setting it up and using it and hopefully someone will be able to help me.

First off I?d like to ask a few questions about payment methods. What are the current payment methods available? I set up a cart called echo cart a while back and seeing as it looks like it might be based upon the same source I was hoping it wasn?t like echo cart, because with it the only option for payment we had was to use open echo for processing. I want to be able to set my client up with the credit cart processing company they are already subscribed too through the cart and I was wondering if that is possible. The name of the place my client is going through is called ?Card Service International? I believe and I?d like to be able to make it so they can use that.

The second thing I need to know is a little bit about the customizability of osCommerece 2.2. I used echo cart and that script was a complete pain in the ass, to get some things to look the way I wanted I?d have to edit lines in every single php file for the store, and it turned out to be a complete waste of time due to the whole payment thing. I want to be able to use the same html layout (Head, foot, colors and table styles) that I?m going to be using on the main site and forums. I?ve poked around a bit and took a look at the some of the php files, but is it different from echo cart, cause I really don?t have time to install it and poke around due time constraints. Will I be able to change the head and foot of all the pages easily as well as the look of the tables and content boxes? I?m pretty experienced with web design and I can learn how to edit most things, but I don?t want it to be a completely tedious task like it was with echo cart. I just want to have something I can change on the fly just in case I upgrade the site design without having to edit every single php file to change things like the page margins or body tags. I?m also on a pretty strict time frame and have other aspects of the site to take care of as well so I can?t spend all my time on the store.

Any input, tips, tricks or general know how anyone can provide me with on these subjects would be greatly appreciated. :)

Archived