• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

store front Automated Resizeing does not work

Andromeda100

I have been upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3.4 and already gained knowledge in the Grid System.

I used to work with tables in my previous shop and have now some problems with working with div. So that I have now some issues and I do not know how to fix them.
The already delivered boxes work well in order to resize the content when using a smaller display. On the other hand, all the additional added contribs like tab menu, slideshow and self-created boxes' content is wider than the border when I use an iPad or similar smaller device.

I do not what else to do. Any suggestions help would be really appreciated.

Have you looked at the 2.3.4bs (bootstrap) responsive version? It automatically resizes for different displays. I can't guarantee that your added contribs will work with it, but you may be able to modify them to do so.

If you have a contribution (add-on) that's causing problems for your page, the first thing would be to find the discussion group for that contribution (it may be on a different site) and ask there. If this slideshow is intended to go into the main body of the page (i.e., full width of the store) and you're trying to shoehorn it into one of the side columns, you may have to end up making extensive changes to it.

If you're looking to do responsive design (work on a wide variety of display sizes), you would not be concentrating on left and right columns, as they will not necessarily survive on a smart phone display.

Archived