• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal

steveinbaz

Hi

v.2.3.4

in the front page of my admin, the dashboard has gone and in its place is

Fatal error: Call to a member function getBlocks() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/index.php on line 251

On line 251 of index.php its says.. <?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>

</div>

<?php
  } else { // default page
  // Start Modular Front Page
?>

<div class="contentContainer">

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>

</div>

<?php
  // End Modular Front Page
  }

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Can anyone help me with restoring my dashboard to it's former glory please?

Many thanks
Steve

Sorry I neglected to fill in the title and tags properly.. Could find how to edit.. my apologies  :blush:

@@steveinbaz

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/367042-addon-modular-front-page/page-2 post 32 and 33

Your version of osc may not have the required files for this mod

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi Heather,

yes I looked at that but that piece of code is already in my /includes/classes/osc_template.php 

Its only just started appearing, I installed the module 3 weeks ago without a problem.

thanks anyway :)

$oscTemplate is not an object of the proper class, at that point. Most likely it's undefined. Does it work for some other customers, or fail for all? In the former case, you may have hit a logic error that leads it to skip over setting $oscTemplate in some cases, in which case you should be rattling the cage of the add-on provider. If it doesn't work at all, what has changed since it last worked? Has your host upgraded PHP? Do any files have an inexplicably recent timestamp, possibly indicating a hack? Did you change anything else (no matter how minor it may appear)?

You have uploaded the SHOP index.php file into the ADMIN folder...

Thought I'd click 'Like' too might as be in on the laughter :/ What do you do for jolly japes at the weekends fellas? Help old ladies cross roads they don't want to cross?

no, I watch the Voice on BBC :p in a few minutes ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived