• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Freight Collect - Cloning the "Store Pick Up" module.

Supertex

I wanted a way for customers with a UPS account to complete their order without adding on any shipping costs.  I already had 'Store Pickup" installed and working, so I tried to clone it to 'freight collect'.

I've gone in and renamed the "spu" and "_SPU_" to "fr_collect" and "_FR_COLLECT_" throughout the file, renamed the module and english files accordingly, and it appears to have installed correctly.  I can install and uninstall without affecting the original.

However, when I run a transaction, and select the freight collect module, it just loops me back around to checkout_shipping.  I've no idea what I might have missed.  

Anyone done this, or run into a similar scenario?

I wanted a way for customers with a UPS account to complete their order without adding on any shipping costs.  I already had 'Store Pickup" installed and working, so I tried to clone it to 'freight collect'.

I've gone in and renamed the "spu" and "_SPU_" to "fr_collect" and "_FR_COLLECT_" throughout the file, renamed the module and english files accordingly, and it appears to have installed correctly.  I can install and uninstall without affecting the original.

However, when I run a transaction, and select the freight collect module, it just loops me back around to checkout_shipping.  I've no idea what I might have missed.  

Anyone done this, or run into a similar scenario?

I feel game to figure this out, even though I don't check these boards as often as I once did. I assume you cloned this contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/164

I have an older version of that installed and did clone it a long time ago. There appears to be 5 instances of "spu" (including the $Id on line 3) and 21 instances of "_SPU_" that need to be changed. Personally I wouldn't use additional special characters or common words in the renaming process, so I'd opt for something like "frcoll" and "_FRCOLL_" and "frcoll.php" instead.

Additionally this module has some kind of zone check, so ensure your cloned module settings and the shipping zone for your purchase allows the module to even activate properly. And if that doesn't work, you can compare to my cloned version of spu.php to vaspu.php (this is version 1.4 and I had commented out some of the zone checks to suit my store's needs):

<?php
/*
    $Id: vaspu.php,v 1.4 2002/11/10 14:29:56 mattice Exp $
  CONTRIB is Store Pickup Shipping Module (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,164'>http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,164)
  Based upon flat.php / vaspu.php by M. Halvorsen (http://www.arachnia-web.com)

Made to work with latest check-out procedure by Matthijs (Mattice)
     >> e-mail:    [email protected] 
     >> site:      http://www.matthijs.org

TO TRANSLATE IN GERMAN !!

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

CHANGES:
   - formatted to work with latest checkout procedure
   - removed icon references
   - updated the db queries

*/

class vaspu {
    var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

// class constructor
    function vaspu() {
	  global $order;

$this->code = 'vaspu';
      $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_TEXT_TITLE;
      $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
  	  $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_SORT_ORDER;
      $this->icon = '';
      $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZONE > 0) ) {
        $check_flag = false;
        $check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id, zone_country_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
        while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
          if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
//            $check_flag = true;
//            break;
//          } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
          } elseif ($check['zone_country_id'] == $order->delivery['country']['id']) {
            $check_flag = true;
            break;
          }
        }
        if ($check_flag == false) {
          $this->enabled = false;
        }
      }
    }	  
    function quote($method = '') {
	  global $order,$customer_id;  

$codep_query = tep_db_query("select c.configuration_value, ab.entry_postcode from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " c, " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " ab where c.configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZIP' and ab.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");
$codep = tep_db_fetch_array($codep_query);
$dept_allow = split("[, ]", $codep['configuration_value']);
$cust_cp = substr($codep['entry_postcode'], 0, 2);
if((in_array($cust_cp, $dept_allow))||($codep['configuration_value'] == '')){
	      $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                            'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_TEXT_TITLE,
                            'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
                                                     'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_TEXT_WAY,
                                                     'cost' =>  MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_COST)));
return $this->quotes; 
}else{
	return;
}
	  if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);   

}
    function check() {
      if (!isset($this->_check)) {
        $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_STATUS'");
        $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
	  }
      return $this->_check;
    }

function install() {
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Store Pick Up', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer Store Pickup?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Store Pickup Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_COST', '0.00', 'What is the pickup cost? (The Handling fee will NOT be added.)', '6', '0', now())");
  	  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");																																																																																										  	  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Store Pick Up Zip Code Allowed', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZIP', '01, 07, 26, 38, 42, 69, 74', 'Departement autorisé pour le retrait magasin ?', '6', '0', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");
    }

function remove() {
      $keys = '';
      $keys_array = $this->keys();
      for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($keys_array); $i++) {
        $keys .= "'" . $keys_array[$i] . "',";
      }
      $keys = substr($keys, 0, -1);

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in (" . $keys . ")");
    }

function keys() {
      return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_COST', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_VASPU_ZIP');
    }
  }
?>

@a.forever

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't posted back up to now, because I got hit by one of my manufacturers with the whole "you cant advertise our products that cheap" thing...so I've been neck-deep in a price obfuscation module install.  

I'll be back on this shortly.  I dodn't want you to think I have no interest =P