As most of you will know, my aim is to get osCommerce to a place where it can be seen as a competitor to other carts that have grown stronger while we have withered. To do this I need help from the WHOLE community, that means YOU. Read on.
Upcoming Changes Planned:
1. Plug all pages into the osCtemplate class
1.1 some pages will be Content Modular "cm_"
1.2 most pages will be simpler Template Page "tp_" ((not an ideal) example right now: account.php)
2. Make index.php 100% cm_, requires content modules for - PART DONE
2.1 heading - gary
2.2 welcome guest - gary
2.3 main text - gary
2.4 new products - gary
2.5 upcoming products - gary
2.6 subcategory icons
2.7 product lists in category pages
3. Make product_info.php 100% cm_, requires content modules for - DONE
3.1 product title - matt
3.2 product price - matt
3.3 gallery - matt
3.4 description - matt
3.5 options - matt
3.6 reviews button - matt
3.7 buy button - matt
reviews - done
3.9 also purchased - matt
4. Create a Product Class, this class to be used shop-wide to display products data
4.1 class can then be utilised elsewhere eg in addons and modules
5. Plug in SEO as core code
- obvious reasons
5.1 this will add modules to many pages
6. Microdata the hell out of every available page
- good for google
7. Move languages out of text files and into database or ini files
8. Update Products to look like it's not the year 2000.
9. Bootstrap Installer DONE
10. Bootstrap Admin
11. Backport v3 Options/Attributes System
12. Attribute Sort Order [Priority]
It is time
It is time for more developers to step up to the plate and start swinging, so which of you are able to volunteer some time to do any of the above ?
It is time for more shopowners to step up to the plate and help to drive osCommerce forward by spending time to discuss their day to day operations using osCommerce, to test code that is provided and to provide feedback on that code.
Points for Discussion
a] what other pages need to be full modular ?
b] See "It is time" and if YOU have so far done nothing, ask yourself why.
Edited by burt, 06 March 2015 - 20:22.