• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One product, 600 attributes? suggestions please

eagle

I am constructing a store to sell Highland Dress, so to purchase say a Kilt you need to select from over 600 Tartans. (There are over 2500 registered but only 600 offered thankfully!).

Can anyone suggest how best to structure this as this looks beyond attributes in admin or am I wrong?

I have looked at features and searched the forum but have not found anything.

I am using MS1

Thanks in anticipation :?

How do I work? I grope

(Albert Einstein)

maybe something like: EasyPopulate_v2.53

Easy Populate makes it simple to populate your OSC store with products without using the web interface at all. Easy Populate lets you download all your products into a csv file, edit them in the spreadsheet of your choice, and the reupload them to update your products, changing prices, categories, quantities, etc. If new manufacturers, categories, or subcategories are found in the data, they are created for you on the fly. This is based on the Excel Upload 1.51 from dynamok.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

maybe something like: EasyPopulate_v2.53

Easy Populate makes it simple to populate your OSC store with products without using the web interface at all. Easy Populate lets you download all your products into a csv file, edit them in the spreadsheet of your choice, and the reupload them to update your products, changing prices, categories, quantities, etc. If new manufacturers, categories, or subcategories are found in the data, they are created for you on the fly. This is based on the Excel Upload 1.51 from dynamok.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Thanks so much for the reply I will give it a try.

Chris

How do I work? I grope

(Albert Einstein)

Look for Linda's Attribute Sorter and Copier in the contributions. Another osc shop here is doing just what you are with tartans, and used that.

hanks for your reply I will look at this contribution. Do you have the URL of the site you mention for me to investigate?

Thanks Again

Chris

How do I work? I grope

(Albert Einstein)

Archived