• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Notification to Handphone using SMS

jalil

Hi,

I've tried setting the "Send Extra Order Emails To" for an order notification to be send to my handphone ( eg. [email protected] ) using SMS, however no notification was received.

Is there any way OSC can be setup to receive an SMS such as "It's your lucky day, just received an order for you."? I guess it can be hard coded in the checkout page and would appreciate if any of you can help out.

Regards,

Jalil

Please give your rating on OSCommerce at FreebiesCafe.com, a search directory for free scripts, software, services and resources.

Hi A Gill,

I believe TextNow! would probably be an overkill features, not to mention the cost as well, for a simple requirement. Basically what I really need is an e-mail sent in a text form to my handphone, for example:

To: [email protected] (which is my handphone number sent thru my provider sms gateway).

Message: It's your lucky day, just received an order for you.

Regards,

Jalil

Please give your rating on OSCommerce at FreebiesCafe.com, a search directory for free scripts, software, services and resources.

My handheld company has a SMS notification senter that send you a SMS when you receive an email from a configured account.

You could have OSC send you an email to a special email account, and then have the SMS service send you a SMS message when it receives the email from OSC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hi wizardsandwars,

The solution that you gave might not work in our Country.

The advantage with our SMS network is that we could send sms through email.

Just like sending a normal email.

Like what Jalil have mentioned

You could fire-up your OutLook Express and just type the [email protected]

And the mesg will be send to our handphone.

But the problem now is, the option to

"Send Extra Order Emails To", did not work.

I guess because it does not send text mesg.

So now, the question is, how do I convert the option

"Send Extra Order Emails To" to send email in text format.

Archived