PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41   oldcelt

oldcelt
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 13:33

I've installed the app on my development server which is running the latest version of WAMP and associated Apache; PHP and MySQL.

When I start the app and ask to retrieve Sandbox API Credentials it signs into my existing business account retrieves the Sandbox details fine.   When I run it again and try to Retrieve Live Credentials, it keeps trying to get me to sign up for a new business account instead of recognising my existing business account which it used only a few minutes earlier!

Help please?

Edited by oldcelt, 23 July 2015 - 13:43.

#42   jespersorensen

jespersorensen
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:23

Sounds great with the new App and release of Paypal. Keep it up :)

Edited by burt, 04 September 2015 - 10:19.
remove link to Magento site

#43   oldcelt

oldcelt
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:35

I don't understand your comment; it bears no relationship to my question!

#44   Gergely

Gergely

Json Juggler

• Community Team
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 16:59

Hi all!

What hapenning with Paypal PS when

• No stock check
  • No order emails
  • No payment before process

Solution: select better Preparing Order Status at PS configuration - Prepairng[Paypal Standard]

Next PHP changes will kill the current codes on the following years. We should do programing for the future and never stick in the present.

My addons: Conversion Tools::Hungarian Translation::Email Templates::URL redirection

Development Works: Setup Languages::Email Templates::Languages from ini files::Parcel Shops::Facebook App

What core codes have been complained?

In orders table payment_methods value would be better if payment class name used than payment's language name.
In the orders class we found order status does not contains $order->info['orders_status'] but instead there is $order->info['orders_status_name'], and that property is language dependant.
We can not identify in order the customer language.

#45   oldcelt

oldcelt
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:35

Sorry, accidentally clicked on a button.

It's gone awfully quiet in here with unanswered questions hanging in mid-air.  Has this been abandoned?

#46   lupole

lupole
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 19:33

I think this is an extremely important app. But at this point, I am having two issues.

1. In sandbox mode, the login box does not recognize my paypal login.

2. In live mode, when I click the login by paypal button the box opens. But only for a moment. Then it just disappears.

I just went over my install, and could not fine any errors. Has anyone experienced this before?

#47   lupole

lupole
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 16:54

Update: All is now working flawlessly in sandbox mode. But live mode still disappears. After disappearing, without logging in correctly, sends me to the return url. 

Has anyone experienced this before?

#48   lybrary

lybrary
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 23:46

Trying to install this app I am getting the warning: 

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_STATUS

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent

When I change the level of error reporting to have this warning suppressed it goes into a redirect loop and nothing is installed. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to install this on an older osCommerce version from 2005.

#49   lybrary

lybrary
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 00:14

What changes, if any, do we need to do if our admin directory has a different name?

#50   Gergely

Gergely

Json Juggler

• Community Team
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 17:02

I found a paypal standard issue in multy currency enviroment

IPN return not get currency parameter so it generate order email in default currency and order total in payment currency. The language is good.
referal code in paypal_standard.php

'notify_url' => tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php', (isset($ipn_language) ? 'language=' . $ipn_language : ''), 'SSL', false, false),

We might see the currency code in results array so it could be use from api call

mc_currency HUF

This enable to use currency code in ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php and we dont have to use notify_url parameter.

Possible fix after aplicaton_top.php include:

$currency = $HTTP_POST_VARS['mc_currency'];

Edited by Gergely, 02 November 2015 - 18:39.

Next PHP changes will kill the current codes on the following years. We should do programing for the future and never stick in the present.

My addons: Conversion Tools::Hungarian Translation::Email Templates::URL redirection

Development Works: Setup Languages::Email Templates::Languages from ini files::Parcel Shops::Facebook App

What core codes have been complained?

In orders table payment_methods value would be better if payment class name used than payment's language name.
In the orders class we found order status does not contains $order->info['orders_status'] but instead there is $order->info['orders_status_name'], and that property is language dependant.
We can not identify in order the customer language.

#51   edfaught

edfaught
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 16:22

Getting this error when trying Login with PayPal:

Relying Party Validation error: redirect_uri provided in the request does not match with the registered redirect_uri.

Have used HTTPFox to see the query string but cannot locate the return URI in it anywhere.

What to try next?

#52   Supertex

Supertex
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 14:11

Hi Ed,

What return url do you have defined in PayPal?

#53   egutierrez

egutierrez
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:20

We have problems about Stock not decreasing when users pay with PS and order finish through ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php.

We have OSC 2.3.4 BS with QTPRO . I'm not sure if I have to use the original standard_ipn.php including with osc 2.3.4 BS https://github.com/g...tandard_ipn.php or the one coming with the App. The App ipn file is bigger and the other one looks as redirect most of the stuff to includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php. Actually we are using the one including with the App (with the QTPRO decreasing Stock code added)

Which one should I use? 

Edited by egutierrez, 10 November 2015 - 12:22.

#54   Supertex

Supertex
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 20:22

The app introduced the IPN stock decrement, so I believe that's the one to use.

#55   praywithdrums

praywithdrums
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 23:47

Hello All,

I hope I'm posting in the right area and please forgive my ignorance but could someone give me step-by-step, VERY elementary instructions on how/where to download the PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant? I have gone to the following - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184 and clicked on the blue "download" box. Do I "open" or "save"? Where do I save it? My current osC v2.3.4 was installed by my webhoster, VodaHost, onto their cpanel.

Please feel free to break it down in plain English as if I'm an IT 101 student and it's the first day of class. :)

Thanks for your help and patients.

#56   praywithdrums

praywithdrums
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 22:25

Hi,

Is there anyone who can help me with getting the PayPal App for osCommerce downloaded?

Thank you.

#57   piernas

piernas
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:12

You have to download the package and read the install instructions inside.

#58   praywithdrums

praywithdrums
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 22:58

Hi piernas,

Are responding to my two requests right above yours? If so, thanks for responding but please re-read my requests for help.

#59   auzStar

auzStar
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:28

Hello All,

I hope I'm posting in the right area and please forgive my ignorance but could someone give me step-by-step, VERY elementary instructions on how/where to download the PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant? I have gone to the following - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184 and clicked on the blue "download" box. Do I "open" or "save"? Where do I save it? My current osC v2.3.4 was installed by my webhoster, VodaHost, onto their cpanel.

Please feel free to break it down in plain English as if I'm an IT 101 student and it's the first day of class. :)

Thanks for your help and patients.

@praywithdrums

Jeff, what you're asking in regards to downloading/saving files is very basic and there would be a plethora of information on how to do this on the internet/google. These forums a more about discussions, assisting with or resolving issues with osCommerce itself and with add-ons.

Anyway, you need to save the PayPal package to your computer's hard-drive (and unzip it) then follow the instructions in the package on how to install it etc. which will involve uploading files to your osCommerce installation on your server, either by using your servers cPanel's file-manager or an FTP program. Again, there will lots of information available on how to do this.

regards

Edited by auzStar, 18 February 2016 - 02:36.

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

#60   praywithdrums

praywithdrums
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:39

@auzStar,

Thanks for your feedback and clarification.