• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

We're proud to announce the introduction of a new App endeavor with the release of PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant!

We've worked in close collaboration with PayPal to not only bring you updated PayPal payment modules but have also bundled all PayPal modules, including Log In with PayPal, into a single App package for an even tighter integration with osCommerce Online Merchant to enhance both sellers and buyers experiences with PayPal.

The PayPal App is optimized for and will be bundled with the upcoming osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.5 release and can be installed on existing installations from v2.2RC2a to v2.3.4.

The PayPal App has been architectured to preview and showcase the direction we are taking the new osCommerce Online Merchant v2.4 series in and how the new series will allow you to install and update Apps on your online store through the Administration Dashboard. The PayPal App includes an online update feature that can update itself with a click of a button that will be part of the core in v2.4 for all Apps to take advantage of.

We are also extremely proud to be one of the first self-hosted e-commerce solutions to allow the PayPal App to configure itself by securely retrieving the PayPal account API Credentials for you. This is currently available for US and UK sellers and allows you to sign into or create a PayPal live or sandbox account to retrieve the API Credentials from. This makes it extremely easy for new PayPal sellers to start experiencing the PayPal payment methods through a sandbox account and to create a live account as soon as they are ready to accept payments - directly from the osCommerce Administration Dashboard.

In addition, the PayPal App includes:

- Updated payment modules

- Payments Standard: Support for Payment Data Transfer (PDT) payments

- Payments Standard: Stock management in IPN notifications

- Order Administration: Capture full or partial authorizations, refund full or partial transactions

- API Logging: All parameters sent in and received from API calls are logged

Documentation for the PayPal App is available at:

http://library.oscommerce.com/Package&paypal

The PayPal App can be downloaded for free at:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184

We look forward to your feedback on this announcement!

Please post your feedback to this topic and any support related enquiries to the following channel:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/54-paypal/

:heart:, osCommerce

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello @@Harald Ponce de Leon,

Testing the App I get the Account Balance showing with html entities:

USD: $ 1.05

For both, live and sandbox account.

otherwise great

Rainer

@@Harald Ponce de Leon   

Doing the update from the PP App test version to the public release.

Getting this warning at the configure stage:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_STATUS in /home/myusername/public_html/includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 200

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Good morning @@Harald Ponce de Leon,

Yes indeed I have the currencies defined with html entities:

$ 

The retrieved information is correct:

Live:

{"rpcStatus":1,"balance":{"EUR":"1.11 €","GBP":"£ 0.00","USD":"$ 0.00"}}

Sandbox:

{"rpcStatus":1,"balance":{"USD":"$ 1.05"}}

However maybe other users do this also and it wouldn't disturb to add "html_entity_decode"?

Thank you and kind regards

Rainer

Yes indeed I have the currencies defined with html entities:

$ 

The retrieved information is correct:

Live:

{"rpcStatus":1,"balance":{"EUR":"1.11 €","GBP":"£ 0.00","USD":"$ 0.00"}}

Sandbox:

{"rpcStatus":1,"balance":{"USD":"$ 1.05"}}

If you viewed the HTML source on that raw output you would see the html entities there too. The App displays the amount with htmlspecialchars() as a precaution.

What happens with your order emails, they too should contain $ as the same function is being used..?

If you viewed the HTML source on that raw output you would see the html entities there too. The App displays the amount with htmlspecialchars() as a precaution.

What happens with your order emails, they too should contain $ as the same function is being used..?

I'm using html e-mail add-on, so it shows ok.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Hi Harald, Trying out the new App on my test set up before including on my live stores, and a couple of questions have sprung to mind if I may

1) on Admin/orders.php I use certain other functions, which I am adding back into the app version (comments_bar + Edit Orders) will orders.php be overwritten by any auto updates that come along or will this just update the core paypal app files?

2) Im nervous about having all the paypal details and the ability to log in / do paypal transactions direct from the site admin. Im sure the app is safe, but on a shared hosting environment does having the app installed give a potential hacker any more details than he would previously been able to see from the payment module?

Perhaps, in my mind, clicking the paypal app section of admin should have an extra layer of security from the rest of the admin screen? or am I worrying needlessly ? (as I do enjoy a good worry :wacko: )

3) In the documentation it is unclear to me on one point - is it possible to do a partial refund of an order or just the full order amount?

Otherwise everything looks Fantastic!! Great work!

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@Mort-lemur thanks for the feedback!

1) The App updates will not update admin/orders.php - it will only update it's own files in catalog/includes/apps/paypal/ and its module files in catalog/includes/modules/payment and catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/.

This will also be a requirement in v2.4 when online updates are available to all Apps - they will only be able to update their own files.

2) It's safe even on a shared hosting environment. If there's a hole in your home directory, then any type of damage is possible regardless if API Credentials are stored or not. In a worse case scenario its possible to generate a new set of API Credentials.

3) Refunds are currently only possible on transactions that have been performed. So if a transaction came in for $30 - you could refund that transaction of $30. If you captured a partial amount of that $30, say $15, then you could refund that transaction of $15. A custom refund amount will be possible in one of the next App updates.

@@altoid do you remember the steps you did in order to produce that error?

EDIT: Do you have a custom error reporting level defined in your Administration Tool?

Hello,

Steps to reproduce

Installed the public release over the trial version.

Going to the PayPal app>configure yielded the error

Error reporting in admin/application_top.php was set to:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

I changed that to:

ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Error disappears

Also, FYI when the error reporting was active and the above error appears, I was still able to install PP standard, but got a blank page with the same error, plus an error indicating headers already sent.

Checking then, PP standard did install regardless of the above error.

I don't recall the exact wording of that second error message but will try to reproduce if you want that info.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hello, just has a sale from the shop using the PP app, with standard installed.  The sale processed through, and in admin>orders I see all looks correct in the summary and products tab. The products tab shows the item name and it's attribute (size) and on the Status History tab it appears there were several IPN actions one at the time of the sale then some later.  I think these later records are actions from me checking the sale.  A new one seems to appear each time I look around.

The view at PayPal button takes me to the PayPal site,  all looks OK except the item is described my product name only, nothing about the attribute.

It also appears the stock did not deduct from the shop, in this case the item in medium size remains unchanged.

My stock is managed by the Attribute Sets modification by Gary and Matt.

Any thoughts on the above?

Thanks

@@Harald Ponce de Leon I received a similar error to the one reported above when clicking "start" from the PayPal Start button in the admin

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_STATUS in /home/*****/public_html/sandbox/includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 200

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/********/public_html/sandbox/includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php:200) in /home/******/public_html/sandbox/test/includes/functions/general.php on line 40

In admin/includes/application_top.php

I changed the error reporting from

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
ini_set('display_error', 1);

To

ini_set('display_errors', 0);

And refreshed the page.... everything seems fine now.

I still have some work to do integrating admin/orders.php and admin/includes/classes/order.php with SPPC.

Just wondering if it would be worth a seperate thread on changes needed to integrate certain mods back into the new admin/orders.php ?

I have only had to do minor tweeks to include the admin comments bar and a button to allow orders to be edited by order editor - nothing earth shattering but some people may find it of use?

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Just wondering if it would be worth a seperate thread on changes needed to integrate certain mods back into the new admin/orders.php ?

I have only had to do minor tweeks to include the admin comments bar and a button to allow orders to be edited by order editor - nothing earth shattering but some people may find it of use?

@@Mort-lemur

I'm interested in that Heather. Was just taking a look at the code for the admin orders file this morning wondering where to start.   o:)

Aside from what you mentioned I had my paypal file modified so it would generate a unique Invoice ID per shop so there would be no error message for PayPal about "payment already received" or something like that.

Maybe all such tweaks could go there.

So new thread seems to be where to go.

@@Mort-lemur

wouldn't you just go back to the original support thread?

It could go in the original support thread, but then it gets fragmented and hard to find sometimes .... anyway, just a suggestion

It could go in the original support thread, but then it gets fragmented and hard to find sometimes .... anyway, just a suggestion

I think the original support thread perhaps should be devoted to the off the shelf package only.

It could clutter up the original thread and as Heather says, get lost.  It seems that those that moderate other threads will tell folks wanting this or that tweak the should probably start a separate thread for their needs.  So that seems to be the protocol.

Started new thread here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398913-paypal-app-incorporation-of-mods-in-new-adminordersphp/

once I can get back on desktop pc I will post the changes I have made so far

Hello to all,

Having installed the App on a new v 2.3.4 store I get the following warning :

Call to a member function register() on a non-object in /homex/xxx/public_html/admin/orders.php on line 15

Used the legacy docs supplied for v234 and did the other modifications as outlined... Uploaded the appropriate files... Paypal set up correctly but trying to see the order page this warning is thrown. Have no modifications to order.php. Can no longer access orders.

Perplexed. Shop is live so need help.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Barbara

•  

@@Harald Ponce de Leon ... ok so I'm doing some testing to see if the new app fixes my issue with shipping (the customers chosen shipping rate at checkout_shipping changing back to the "cheapest" option at checkout_confirmation.php).

It would seem my issue is still there.

So, I proceed to the demo site to confirm and it would seem your checkout_shipping is performing differently than mine.

When I log into an account at the http://demo.oscommerce.com add something to my cart and proceed to checkout_shipping the cheapest (best way $2.50) option is NOT selected (by includes/classes/shipping.php). Best way $5.00 is selected... I have confirmed my includes/classes/shipping.php is the same as github....

What am I missing??????

Why is Oscommerce demo store not per-selecting the cheapest?

Just a follow up my above post - I can confirm on my fresh 2.3.4bs store PP express is NOT changing the shipping selection from the chosen option to the cheapest option as described.

This (obviously... its me... lol) leads me to believe its "something" in my store - causing includes/classes/order.php to re-run between PayPal and the order checkout_confirmation.php.

Any have a clue how I can narrow this down further to see what is causing this?

Just a follow up my above post - I can confirm on my fresh 2.3.4bs store PP express is NOT changing the shipping selection from the chosen option to the cheapest option as described.

This (obviously... its me... lol) leads me to believe its "something" in my store - causing includes/classes/order.php to re-run between PayPal and the order checkout_confirmation.php.

Any have a clue how I can narrow this down further to see what is causing this?

Sorry, its includes/classes/shipping.php that is re-running (this is where the function for cheapest shipping is) not include/classes.order.php as mentioned above.

So, my question is - under what condition is includes/classes/shipping/php (in particular the function for cheapest shipping) re-run between paypal and checkout_confirmation.php?

I'm a little lost - here.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the good news about the app - I can now turn my checkout with PayPal button back on... because shipping selection drop down at PayPal is no longer available (for it to ignore....lol).

Archived