• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrade 2.3.1 to 2.3.4 non-programmer

James Schofield

Hello, quick question maybe.

I have a store www.docksidechandlery.com

looking to upgrade it from 2.3.1 to 2.3.4 OR 2.3.3 

I am on godaddy hosting, which has oscommerce as a supported app. There is a click to upgrade button, but that will only take me to 2.3.3 at the moment.

Many have suggested I should upgrade, but I wonder how? I have a few small addons in it.. I dont see a upgrade downloadable file, I assume somethings might need manual adjustment. 

So the godaddy one button upgrade scares me..  But is there some thread or tutorial or doc that would take me through the process of upgrading?

James

You can't do a one-button upgrade unless your shop has not been altered. Since it has been, you have to upgrade manually. There are instructions in the oscommerce package. The upgrade from your version won't be too bad but it is not a simple job for someone without any experience with doing such things. But if you want to try, be sure to make a complete backup of your shop. You really should do it all on a test shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived