• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin-ID & Password lost : how can I get in my OsC-webshop

Pascal-Georges

Use phpmyadmin to truncate (empty) the administrator table in your database.

Do not delete the table.  Simply empty it.

Do this in your hosting control panel.  If you do not know how, ask your host to do it.

Then visit your admin page and you will be asked to input a new username and password.

Now login using the new username and password.

@@Pascal-Georges If your shop is 2.3, deleting the database table will work. Otherwise it won't. Look in your includes directory to see if there is a template_top.php file. If there is, then it is a 2.3 shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Additional to what @@burt suggested - to empty and not delete table administrators - it could be that you - or any other user who has the same issue - has htaccess protection added

In this case, you need to do following

1) Open file catalog/admin/.htaccess and delete following lines

##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - BEGIN #####
AuthType Basic
AuthName "osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool"
AuthUserFile /home/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce
Require valid-user
##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - END #####

2) Open file catalog/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce and delete all content of the file, not the file itself

Use phpmyadmin to truncate (empty) the administrator table in your database.

Do not delete the table.  Simply empty it.

Do this in your hosting control panel.  If you do not know how, ask your host to do it.

Then visit your admin page and you will be asked to input a new username and password.

Now login using the new username and password.

Thank You Burt !

I went -with the phone-help from my space-provider- in the admin-area of my shop: There I found the ID and passwort and erased them.

Afterward, I gave (always with the phone-help from my space-provider) a new ID and password and saved.

Unfortunately, it did not work : I still cannot acess my shop as admin. Can You be so kind to help me further ?

Thanks

PGR

You need to EMPTY the database table called "administrators".  That is all.

Then visit your login page to add a new admin.  

No one can help you more without access to your admin area and your phpmyadmin.  Please do not post links to these in the forum.

Find someone suitably qualified to help at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/79-commercial-support-enquiries/

It should cost you very little.

@@Pascal-Georges If your shop is 2.3, deleting the database table will work. Otherwise it won't. Look in your includes directory to see if there is a template_top.php file. If there is, then it is a 2.3 shop.

@@Pascal-Georges This should have said emptying the database table will not work, as proposed by the two previous posts before it. I apologize for any confusion it may have caused. But, again, emptying it will only work in 2.3.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

How about a password reset function?  You have one for users already, just leverage that.

Also, I find it odd that you have a separate table for administrators, why not just make it an attribute of a user record?  Obviously I have not studied the schema before I throw that out there, so it may not be feasible, but password reset is a best practice, and you need to have one for your admins.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

I have problem i cant login to control panell.

I delete all lanes on database tabel administrators - ts empty

in admin/htacess i delete all protection lanes

in catalog/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce -> i delete all lanes of code

and if i try use mydomain.com/cp/login.php website want login and password ....

i using the newest oscoomerce shop

Archived